Hi, to you all, just joined to-day

Hi to all,
My name is Norm I have just joined this site to-day,not sure yet how or what to do,
I have type 1 and have struggled along for the past 22yrs,
The reason I have joined this site is that I do not know any other diabetic's,and I thought I might be able to improve my blood sugar levels by talking to other people,
By the way I am 52yrs of age

dragongirl

Hi and welcome! Not type 1 myself but there's lots of helpful stuff on here. As Cugila will doubtless come along and say in a few minutes, have a look round and ask anything you want! Someone always knows something that might help. And lots of us have improved our bg levels in some way or another by getting info here.
DG

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
unsworth jones said:
Hi to all,
My name is Norm I have just joined this site to-day,not sure yet how or what to do,
I have type 1 and have struggled along for the past 22yrs,
The reason I have joined this site is that I do not know any other diabetic's,and I thought I might be able to improve my blood sugar levels by talking to other people,
By the way I am 52yrs of age

Hi Norm.
Welcome to the Forum. Have a good look around especially the Type 1 area. I am a T2 myself so can only give you general advice about some things, there are many T1's who are very experienced in controlling their Diabetes and I am sure they will help you get back that all important control.

DG, I'm not here all the time you know....... :lol: I do get some time off !

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Norm,

we type 1's are in the minority here as elsewhere, but there are a few very well controlled members who will be delighted to help if possible.
What sorts of numbers are you geting by the way?

fergus

Hi Fergus,
Thanks 4 your reply,still finding my way around this site,
I have just had a hb1 and the results were 10,my sugar levels are around about 10-11,not so good really,could do better.

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You will do better, Norm! Take a gander at the Success Stories thread and see whether to add your name to that growing list.

All the best,

fergus

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya norm and a warm welcome to the forum,
what kind of foods are u eating daily?
hope we can help :D

Hi Totsy,
Thanks for the welcome,I did the DAFNE course just before xmas and they encourage you to eat what you want (within reason),as long you have enough insulin to match the carb intake,it's just a bit of a pain looking up the food values in your carb counting book,I think that I need persevere with it,
Thanks Norm

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i too count carbs but use a lower carb diet to have good control, you will do it if u persevere and ask the forum anything :)