Something sticking out of my sensor...

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Just placed a new Freestyle sensor. But something is comin out on the upperside.

I'll add a picture. Anyone an idea what it might be? Can't pull it out easily..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by a moderator:

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It looks like it could be the needle that is supposed to come out and back into the applicator when it's attached (the sensor is inside that needle and the needle retracts leaving the sensor under your skin)
I'd phone Abbott but I suspect they'll replace it as faulty

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
It looks like it could be the needle that is supposed to come out and back into the applicator when it's attached (the sensor is inside that needle and the needle retracts leaving the sensor under your skin)
I'd phone Abbott but I suspect they'll replace it as faulty

Thanks Phil, I'll call abbot. It seems to be blue plastic so hopefully no needle left inside..

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Hill28, the needle is attached into the insertion device on a piece of blue plastic. That will be the top of the needle. If you just pull it out, you should be fine.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
The sensor did not work. When I took it off It turned out to be the filament which was somehow taken back up by the needle. The filament seems to have entered my skin but was than taken back up.

My precious sensor, which I took off after 3 days because it hurted (think it was close to a muscle) was also no succes. It gave good values but it hurted. So I took it off. And now 2 days later the spot were the sensor used to be still hurts and is kind of swollen. It's the first time I have an experience like this after using about approximately 40 sensors. Had some minor skin reactions before or sensors which worked not well, but nothing like this..