ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I kid you not when living down south I used to hug 2lr frozen water bottles in a thin towel so I could sleep. Between my legs at one stage then a few months later I discover I'm pregnant without ivf. Metformin and frozen water bottles must have done the trick.
I've always had hot insides, me!
Must be thyroid.

suemac1960

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have to confess, although I love the heat, I do need several towels in the truck, as I always need to wipe my face, as I still manage to sweat so much that there are times I can't see.
And I can get through litres of liquids a day.
I also love the heat but like yourself I sweat like mad.
If I know it's going to be a really hot day I lower my Insulin which I did today but I also don't feel hungry in the heat so that doesn't help. I drink small glasses of Lucozade to try and help.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also love the heat but like yourself I sweat like mad.
If I know it's going to be a really hot day I lower my Insulin which I did today but I also don't feel hungry in the heat so that doesn't help. I drink small glasses of Lucozade to try and help.

It was murder when I was bigger!
I agree about the food, I do tend to drink more, and eat less, I can drink litres of water, I've even had bottles melt and blow out in the truck, the remainder have been as hot as a good cup of coffee when I've drunk them, and very plasticy!
The one thing I have to do is wear a hat, or I do seem to get sunstroke, and a really bad head.

DEB260173

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, ingratitude, smugness, prejudice, nose-picking, spitting, celery, olives, Rave music, bigots, Nigel Farage, most social media.
I don't cope well in this sort of heat, I never have done and especially not since I've been diagnosed. I find it very difficult to cool down once I'm too hot and ended up with mild heatstroke on Monday! It's especially bad as I work in The City and the trains always go into meltdown (the rails are too hot, the overhead wires are melting, the sun is in the wrong place... blah, blah, blah) and being stuck on a train in that heat, with no air con is pure torment! Still, the sunshine is glorious and it's meant to cool down a bit this afternoon so it'll be BAU in no time.

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Hate the heat. Anything over 25 and I'm lying down in a dark room with the fan on full and a cold compress on my forehead.

My numbers are high too - although I'm not eating much but drinking water forever.

Still it'll soon be gone ..... one day doth a summer make

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday was hot! Hottest recorded place in England is just up the road (although the met office don't have a weather station in our office!!!) Anyway some of us cope better than others, I work with 2 T2D as well and one really struggled yesterday, I didn't mind it all - but I guess it all depends on what you're doing - perhaps I wasn't working as hard as they were!!!

But where ever you are, keep your self protected from the sun, light loose clothing, a hat, shades and plenty of sun cream - and drink plenty of fluids.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
No, it's wonderful:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having lived in Florida for 5 years this is cool.

Much prefer hot weather over cold weather, and only the British could possibly find a reason to complain about this.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

petepontiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who criticise what they cant understand
love the heat except when I am in work stuck in my office with no sea breeze !!!

Teresa9584

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Vigorous exercise and chillies!
Me and heat don't do well. Being a menopausal diabetic (T2) I can generate mega heat in the blink of an eye whether I want to or not. If I get too hot my body can go in to anaphylaxic shock so I have various fans around the house and a mobile air con unit which is literally for me a life saver. Low 20 degrees - good. Higher than that - grumpy!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I find this heat unbearable at times and it can make me feel nauseous :yuck:

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I love warm 75-85. Since insulin my thermometer moved. I used to love it hot. Most important is sun. If the sun is out I could care less what the temp is. My least favorite is cold wind. Can't deal with that at all

David Wass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hot weather love it bbq large bottle of 660ml peroni. It's the muggy oppressive heat i hate. Sweat too much can't sleep and irritable. Can't be good for diabetics losing lots of fluids.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Love the heat, especially as I live right by the East England coast. But this week I'm back in my old manor, London, and although the heat doesn't bother me, my asthma plays up badly. I've got some steroids with me, just in case.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never liked the heat so can't quite tell if this is how I normally feel in the heat or things have changed since my diagnosis..

It doesn't help I have changed shape so much since last summer I have no summer trousers fit to wear. I will be amending that one tomorrow. I also moved house last summer and am struggling with the tricks of cooling this one down. I slept on the sofa last night as the sitting room was significantly cooler, and the boy motorbike racers who inhabit these parts were making their presence felt until well into the small hours so opening any windows wasn't a goer.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love the hot weather, but blood sugar control is more difficult than usual. Before lunch I was feeling unwell and thought that my blood sugar was sky high, but my test result was only 5. Pre-test, I usually know whether I'm high or low at least, but not today.

K

Kat100

Hi everyone I love it ..
But my face sweats .. Always lets my make up down ... It's horrid ..
But then any heating in shops in the winter causes the same problem ..
If by the sea I love the fact that people talk and smile ..
If in a city, perhaps not so happy ..
I feel OK in the heat .. But hate sweating .. And I don't feel Hungary and I do feel tired ..
But still love summer .. Perhaps with a light breeze :)