Frequent toilet visits

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
When your bs are high i always need to go to the toilet. My question is.. I feel very full I'm aware of my bladder and there is no way you can not go to the toilet because it's so uncomfortable inside. I'm type 1 6 weeks in. Was type 2 for a year and a half. I'm in lantus 16 unit and apidra 3 unit 3x a day ... with going onto a pump within a few months. My bs for over a week are between 10 and 17... morning and lunch and bedtime. I'm so over the fullness ache... it's really uncomfortable and quite constant as in 2 times an hour going toilet and soon as I've gone I'm OK for 10 15 minutes then it's building up again to uncomfortable and having too pee. It's quite ridiculous and wondered if anyone else gets this when there sugars are high??? Any insights would be greatly appreciated... Cheers

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
That sounds more like a urine infection, have you taken a wee sample for your practice nurse or GP to test? If not then that would be your first option.

robertconroy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
A urologist will usually do an ultrasound to see if your bladder is emptying fully. This needs to be investigated as well as bladder inflammation or bacterial infection.

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes and I've never had a uti. I'm seeing my endocrinologist 10 august so I will tell him and hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. It only happens when my bs are high. Like 28 tonight.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, hyper urination is a symptom of high blood sugar. Your kidneys are working super hard to try and excrete all that sugar from your blood so they are pulling a lot of "water" out with it, making you pee a lot and making you thirsty.

If I'm high I definitely notice I need to pee hourly.

Have you only just started on insulin? Are they trying to bring your blood sugars down gently?

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been on it for about 6 weeks. I was type 2 for a year and a half. So I'm use to high bs. But not low then high and all the peeing back all in 24 hours.

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, hyper urination is a symptom of high blood sugar. Your kidneys are working super hard to try and excrete all that sugar from your blood so they are pulling a lot of "water" out with it, making you pee a lot and making you thirsty.

If I'm high I definitely notice I need to pee hourly.

Have you only just started on insulin? Are they trying to bring your blood sugars down gently?
I just posted re my low. It was 7.0 then an hour later no signs just boom. Jelly I thought was going to faint actually. But then jelly an shakes and sweaty comes. Within a few minutes of the jelly feeling. It was very very scary. I didn't think I'd make it to finish making my breakfast. To actually eating it. But I did.

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And I tested after eating it was 3.2 I think. Or 3.8. So before I ate when shaky I don't no. Rather quickly for a 7.0 wake up isn't it to drop so fast I'd taken my lantus

alison.81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have noticed that when my sugar levels are too high I am very itchy 'down there'.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Getting itchy down there or thrush when sugars are high is for the same reason why you pee so much. Over about 10 the kidneys start dumping glucose in the urine. This feeds the yeast and you get thrush.

Reactions: 2 people