Type 1s: What Is/was Your Blood Sugar This Evening And This Morning ?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 last night, 4.2 this morning :happy: (reduced my evening levemir as I had been having lows early morning, and with the heat - might drop it another 1u but will see how tonight/tomorrow morning goes)

Reactions: 2 people

prancer53

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Professionals who know little about diabetes who generalise!!
4.8 before bed & 4 upon waking

Reactions: 4 people

prancer53

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Professionals who know little about diabetes who generalise!!
Consultant and DSN tell me it should be higher--

suemac1960

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Mine was 13.4 this morning and 23.9 at teatime. I have lost my early warning signs of going Hypo, so my blood could drop & I wouldn't know, i.e 23.9 this evening.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm.. I think pump failure, is this what it looks like?

22:35 8.1 0.6 correction
23:21 7.3
02:07 5.1 - correction worked
CGM showed it pottered along at 5 until 4ish when it started gently rising. I don't do DP (in fact I'm more likely to drop in the morning, I'm pretty convinced I don't have wake up hormones & my body tries to drop me in an effort to get a lie in!)
05:03 7.3 bolus of 1.15 for breakfast... Waiting for curve (normally 15-20 minutes in am) making lunch, making breakfast, it curves the wrong way
06:03 8.1 yeah I gave up 2u flex pen & then ate too soon so now it's soaring (& I probably have no basal) excellent

I'm going to have to change my pod now (and possibly hit it with a hammer) :bag:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10.3 last night, slight correction and sticking with the same basal dose as the night before, 7.3 this morning!

petepontiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who criticise what they cant understand
Snap (well sort of), went to bed on 6.2 and tested at 3.15 and was still 6.2 and woke this morning to 5.9
I don't think I would be able to test that early as my Lantus dose seems to make me very sleepy. It takes all my will power and a loud alarm to wake me up at 6. The crazy thing is I cannot lie in at the weekend and am always up at 6 am

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I don't think I would be able to test that early as my Lantus dose seems to make me very sleepy. It takes all my will power and a loud alarm to wake me up at 6. The crazy thing is I cannot lie in at the weekend and am always up at 6 am

I'm an early bird too @petepontiac

The reason why I tested at 3.15 was my dog was going crazy and barking, likely he heard a cat in the garden so was trying to scare it off :rolleyes:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm an early bird too @petepontiac

The reason why I tested at 3.15 was my dog was going crazy and barking, likely he heard a cat in the garden so was trying to scare it off :rolleyes:

and the dog was thinking.........."I know it's still dark out side but theres that scary feline creature skulking around the garden I must wake my master just in case it manages to get in side!"

8.6 last night, 4.5 this morning

petepontiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who criticise what they cant understand
5.8 before bed 6.2 at 6 am. The weekend is nearly here ;)

Hattonma

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke with a blood sugar of 2 this morning. Not a good start to the day and being feeling rough all morning as a result