accu-chek "mobile"

squirrel

accu chek mobile

I see there is a new monitor coming out which contains 50 test on some sort of tape, looks a bit like the accu chek compact plus and also comes with the 6 drum lancet. Looks quite good.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Re: accu chek mobile

Thanks for that squirrel.

Here is a link for those interested which shows the actual product and details of an introductory offer. Apparently they reckon it is more suitable for Insulin users who test more often ??

http://www1.accu-chek.co.uk/microsites/ ... index.html

neededthat

accu-chek mobile

i would recommend accu-chek monitors to anyone i think there customer care is excellent, i was on a dafne coarse a month ago and one of there reps came round and gave us all there new accu-chek mobile blood monitors no strips it uses a cassette with 50 tests on it, everything alltogether, the only problem is i thnk they were abit to eager to give the monitors to us, the casettes where not on any of my doctors or chemists systems, so i rang roche and they were more than happy to send me 2 of the cassettes and once again the other day lol asked at the doctors if on there system the answer was no so rang roche again they explained they sent updates to all doctors in january (think my doctors are abit slow updateing there systems :? anyway they sent me 2 more cassettes the other day.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Squirrel,

I did a trial with the Accu-chek mobile, wasn't that impressed!

No fiddling about with test strips or having to code etc, but the machine itself is very big and bulky, and quite awkward to handle. Very convenient with the 50 test cassette mind!

As this was my own experience, I wouldn't like to say how well percieved it is in the wider community.

Nigel

neededthat

it is on the large side but you wont lose it :lol: when you think you have to carry monitor,lancet,pot of strips, it probably takes up no more room and everything is all together neat and tidy, you only have to remember the monitor. i like it myself once i got used to it. alittle awkward to use at first.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi neededthat,

Yes I agree, I suppose it does have all components attached with saves a little hassle, but I think cause I am use to the accu-chek nano, the mobile version is too big and clumsy.

Nigel

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Peter Day said:
Anybody know if the test streip cassette is available on prescription?

Yes they are Peter.

Nigel

jopar

it's an up-grade of there accucekplus drum version..

After using the drum version, I won't be tempted to try this lastes version out, as I hated the drum version, too big and bulky, and the lancet is horriable and harsh compared to there multi-click lancet!!!

When you see it, you think that it might be useful for those that have dextiarty issues with there hands, or perhaps failing eye-sight far from it, if it's anything like the drum version, you will find that to actually see your drop of blood and line up test strip very difficult indeed, and I ponder because the tape seems to stay within the meter, that this is going to be even more difficult to achieve :roll: :roll:

At the moment I shall stick to my nano meter, which in MHO is the best of a bad lot, and I would revert back to my old meter, which contained a electric log book but alas the software doesn't match with my accuchek spirit pump so have to put up with one of there meters :(

power

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wouldn't mind trying this meter!! but no way Im paying 50notes for one.
They should give them away, They make enough from the strips Im sure :?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
power said:

In time they will, I can assure you! :)

Nigel

power

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
noblehead said:
power said:

In time they will, I can assure you! :)

Nigel

Yeah pretty sure they will too,
Think Ill wait till then :D

meisonlyme

I was just looking at these and you can buy a new cassette of 50test strips for £50 from boots.com which is the same price as the meter would cost you in the first place (unless you use the special discount code offer they currently have which will give you £10 off).

I think I will be waiting until I can get one free from my diabetic team before I will be trying out this meter!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
meisonlyme said:
I was just looking at these and you can buy a new cassette of 50test strips for £50 from boots.com which is the same price as the meter would cost you in the first place (unless you use the special discount code offer they currently have which will give you £10 off).

I think I will be waiting until I can get one free from my diabetic team before I will be trying out this meter!

Apart from my very first meter, which resembled a house brick, I have never paid for a meter. I always ask my dsn for a new one each time without any problems, they get boxes of them from the reps of the company's/ manufacturers, the return in costs are covered by the repeat prescriptions for test strips, or cassettes in this case.

Nigel

power

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
noblehead said:
meisonlyme said:

Apart from my very first meter, which resembled a house brick, I have never paid for a meter. I always ask my dsn for a new one each time without any problems, they get boxes of them from the reps of the company's/ manufacturers, the return in costs are covered by the repeat prescriptions for test strips, or cassettes in this case.

Nigel

Im going to try and blag one from the clinic tomorrow..
I do like the idea of this meter as I do a lot cycling.
I paid for my first meter as well but never paid for one since.

Franky69uk

I have an Accu-Check Compact which I regard as excellent. Started buying strips for it at Boots but soon stopped because of price. Now buy on E Bay which tends to be a lot cheaper. Was interested in the Accu-Chek Mobile having seen an article on it in a Sunday newspaper. Interest soon disappeared when I checked the price of replacement strips as I buy my own. Over £28 so if u test a lot I think u need to be a millionaire to use it. Currently buying strips for my Compact on EBay at around £12-14 average and had no problems so far.
Frank

power

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Franky69uk said:
I have an Accu-Check Compact which I regard as excellent. Started buying strips for it at Boots but soon stopped because of price. Now buy on E Bay which tends to be a lot cheaper. Was interested in the Accu-Chek Mobile having seen an article on it in a Sunday newspaper. Interest soon disappeared when I checked the price of replacement strips as I buy my own. Over £28 so if u test a lot I think u need to be a millionaire to use it. Currently buying strips for my Compact on EBay at around £12-14 average and had no problems so far.
Frank

How come you have to buy the strips yourself?
:oops: Just found out T2 Diabetics have to pay for them.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Wow,

A finger pricker with 6 lancets.

I wonder how long it will take them to bring out a version that bolts onto an iphone :?:

I want one of those 8)