Any woman fancy becoming an Opera Buddy?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, if your goal is the delighted shared experience of opera, plus friendship, social life and interesting interactions (but no more), wouldn't an interesting fellow opera appreciator who is also a man be an option?

Opening the field to same-sex opera appreciators would double the field, and make for a whole other range of chit chat...

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.
That'll be a military band then. I like those too Capn.
I did say I'd got drunk.. Just shows, it's the sleep that does it. Went to bed feeling great. Got up feeling dreadful :)

Reactions: 2 people

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.
So, if your goal is the delighted shared experience of opera, plus friendship, social life and interesting interactions (but no more), wouldn't an interesting fellow opera appreciator who is also a man be an option?

Opening the field to same-sex opera appreciators would double the field, and make for a whole other range of chit chat...
Send him over and I'll have a look Brun :) No, I don't think that would work and it would probably be more difficult to find a fella than a Shiela..

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh now I wish
A I lived in the East Midlands
B I had no attachments, though we both have our individual hobbies

Story of my life Shar....

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hope it all works out for you, and I'm sure some of the points you raise in your most recent couple of points will be helpful to anyone considering joining in on this adventure with you.

In my view, there's nothing more important than family, but external interests, external stimuli and adventures are important too.

Good luck with it all.

Thank you.

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Looking back on my first post above, perhaps I should point out that the tickets I hold are only for 8 shows. 7 opera, 1 classical. Spread over the period September to next May. There is a big gap from late November through to next March which bunches them up a bit, on two occasions (autumn) there is only three days between shows. But as I said it would start with just one show and if it goes beyond that the lady could pick from my list - all or a couple.
Also I have no real objection to someone who has a partner - 'cept I wouldn't want to get caught in the middle of them. I'd need to know the partner was happy with the arrangement and stayed happy with it.
I don't think there are many ladies on the forum from this area.

Reactions: 4 people

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For a chance to see La Boheme again I would cheerfully wear a dress and let you call me Daphne. Unfortunately other opera goers might notice my full beard and question both your's and my sanity

Reactions: 6 people

Potteron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to see La Traviata at Clonter Opera last Thursday, it was fantastic, soprano and tenor brilliant. Anyway I live 40 min from Buxton so always willing to attend there but don't fancy long drives to some of the other places.
Overweight, 60, female t2 , just me and the dog. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
For a chance to see La Boheme again I would cheerfully wear a dress and let you call me Daphne. Unfortunately other opera goers might notice my full beard and question both your's and my sanity

That's what razors are for :D loved your post and posted in friendly, good humour :) @Kat100 and @Chris would no doubt, provide a natty selection of various hats and accessories :rolleyes::p

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Went to see La Traviata at Clonter Opera last Thursday, it was fantastic, soprano and tenor brilliant. Anyway I live 40 min from Buxton so always willing to attend there but don't fancy long drives to some of the other places.

Sounds good
thumbs-up-sign.png

C

chris lowe

Hi All,
Had a big bust up with my Opera Buddy (who is also my niece 61yrs). I got drunk today for the first time since 1968 - possibly I still am. Looking for a replacement.
Objectives:
Open and honest friendship with a lady who loves opera / classical music. Nothing else - no strings.

My preferences:
Woman. I don't like talking football or darts all night.
In Nottinghamshire / Derbyshire / Lincolnshire / perhaps Leicestershire area to minimise transport.
Single / divorced / no attachments. Otherwise there's someone else to consider when booking.
Preferably email connected. Bookings come up very quickly (to get decent seats).
Happy to have an occasional meal.
Must have sense of humour / irony :) Will need to look under the surface at the real me :)

At the moment I hold about £600 worth of pairs of tickets all bought and paid for - Carmen; Rosenkavilier; Cinderella; La Boheme and so on in Buxton, Chesterfield and Nottingham spanning from September to next May. My last opera buddy didn't pay towards the tickets and I don't expect the replacement to either. My offspring like me to have 'someone there'. I have to drive myself to the venues so there should be no travelling costs (hence my preferred locations). Obviously I am retired so time is in plentiful supply.

Me: Single, 73, ugly, fat and bald, T2 diabetic (under control) and slight spinal problem but I'm told I can be very amusing when I get going.

Hi John, any chance a heartfelt apology & some flowers would heal the rift? It's a shame to fall out at any age, Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hi,
I have to say your avatar concerns me a bit. That said I certainly ain't an oil painting myself.
Sorry for delay in replying. I've launched into some alterations at home. It means my main machine has remained untouched for about a week. Just come onto the forum from my laptop and promptly got lost :) Has the forum changed it's opening page or is it just that I had to Google to get here.
Not sure when the next one (for which I hold tickets) is at Buxton. I know the very next one is Carmen at the Pomegeanate, Chesterfield in mid September.
Please bear with me for a couple of days while I get sorted here and I'll find my list and wherever I've stored the tickets. I know precisely where they are actually but because I'm clearing the area I want to renovate it's difficult to get to. I really must start throwing things out.
I don't know if it's normal to make arrangements on here with this nosey lot watching :) Alternatively you could drop me a 'hello' via PM.

Edited by Moderator to remove email address as we do not advice disclosure of personal details.

J.

Last edited by a moderator:

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi John, any chance a heartfelt apology & some flowers would heal the rift? It's a shame to fall out at any age, Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Tried both Chris. Wouldn't mind so much if I knew what I'd done that was so terrible. Just a few sharpish words by email.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,
I have to say your avatar concerns me a bit. That said I certainly ain't an oil painting myself.
Sorry for delay in replying. I've launched into some alterations at home. It means my main machine has remained untouched for about a week. Just come onto the forum from my laptop and promptly got lost :) Has the forum changed it's opening page or is it just that I had to Google to get here.
Not sure when the next one (for which I hold tickets) is at Buxton. I know the very next one is Carmen at the Pomegeanate, Chesterfield in mid September.
Please bear with me for a couple of days while I get sorted here and I'll find my list and wherever I've stored the tickets. I know precisely where they are actually but because I'm clearing the area I want to renovate it's difficult to get to. I really must start throwing things out.
I don't know if it's normal to make arrangements on here with this nosey lot watching :) Alternatively you could drop me a 'hello' to [email protected]

J.

You could pm each other, click on the envelope at the top of the page next to your name, underneath it will say send new message, click on that and away you go, good luck :)
ps it's best not to post your personal details on the open forum. All the very best J :)

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You could pm each other, click on the envelope at the top of the page next to your name, underneath it will say send new message, click on that and away you go, good luck :)
ps it's best not to post your personal details on the open forum. All the very best J :)

Thanks Robin, I'm getting careless. Where do any messages sent thus arrive? Is there somewhere to collect them on the forum, or do they come through as email?

J.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks Robin, I'm getting careless. Where do any messages sent thus arrive? Is there somewhere to collect them on the forum, or do they come through as email?

J.

Hi, we had to sack the posties, far to slow, no sat nav lol ;) So, if you would like to do a test run, click on the envelope, write my name robinredbreast in participants, then message title, add a short message and click on 'post'. You have, I think, 10 minutes to edit the message if you wish.