Personal itching

Hooch01

Could anyone tell me if they have encountered personal itching or irritation down below? I have done a process of elimination as to what it is not and I have ruled out Cystitus or Thrush and my gp is still trying to find out what is causing it? Is it possible for this to be caused by having consistantly high blood sugar levels? Any help and advice would be gratefully appreciated.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Yes it is often caused by high BG. If sugar"spills over" into the urine, it can encourage yeast infections, or simply upset the skin's pH It also upsets the normal bacterial flora which lives on damp skin. Hygiene alone won't get rid of it, but an antifungal powder/or cream might. Controlled BG will prevent it.
Hana

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Hi Hooch,
I suffered from agonising thrush before I was diagnosed, and antibiotics were often a trigger for flare-ups over the years. While suffering years of uncontrolled erratic, mostly high BGs on Lantus :evil: ; I also had athletes foot, and like Bufferz, could not get rid of it. Now my BGs are under control I suffer from neither.
It's most probably related to high BGs. Hana's right,get that under control and it should go.
Trouble is even if you've used a thrush treatment, the prob wont resolve if your BG is still running high, you'll only get the thrush/yeast infection again.
Jus :)

Hooch01

Thanks to you guys who gave me the advice, it's great to know I am not the only one to have experienced this. Thanks again. :D