And today's offering, from Dr Trudi Deakin (also a member of this site):

Reactions: 2 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Adding this here as although it's not from the conference, it's a short interview of Sam Feltham about why he created the PHCUK organisation:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
See SunnyExpat post above

Buddhist food. Book mentioned is as cheap as 2 bucks online but shows you how to essentially create a cottage industry at home making Buddhist food with centuries old methods including the information on how to build the equipment to make it.

Galja and @SunnyExpat - Could you please keep this thread on topic. If you fancy discussing other topics, feel free to create a thread dedicated to it, or go to PM.

Thanks.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Galja and @SunnyExpat - Could you please keep this thread on topic. If you fancy discussing other topics, feel free to create a thread dedicated to it, or go to PM.

Thanks.

We're responding to a previous request in this thread, so possibly you need to address the poster we're replying to, not us.

Thank you for your kind words!
Wow, that's amazing. Do you know more about seitan? We'll research it!
Low carb definitely seems to be more difficult for vegans (or veges who don't eat cheese(s)) - what do you eat typically in a day? We're working hard on trying to figure out something that works - would love to run the recipe ideas by you when they're compiled and to hear your feedback! :)

I'm sure as a moderator you could branch our posts off into a new thread though, if you need to?

Last edited by a moderator:

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These are Tibetans living mostly modern lifestyles with the common risk factors we all know with the co-morbidities well known, not traditional lifestyles

I've never been there.
But, according to the study,
'Tibetans are an ethnic group with a unique lifestyle characterized by a special local diet of tsampa, butter tea, beef, and mutton, which contain high salts and cholesterols; moreover, the majority of Tibetans reside at high altitudes.'
So, not that westernised.