New once-daily treatment for Type 2 diabetes

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
Quote:-

Victoza represents an important advance in diabetes treatment because it helps patients maintain normal blood sugar levels with a once-daily injection that can be taken at any time of day, irrespective of meals. Victoza works with the body to lower glucose levels by stimulating the release of insulin only when glucose levels become too high. The benefit to the patient is that there is reduced risk of blood sugar becoming too low (hypoglycaemia).

Steve

busybee2

Bluenosesol said:
Victoza represents an important advance in diabetes treatment because it helps patients maintain normal blood sugar levels with a once-daily injection that can be taken at any time of day, irrespective of meals. Victoza works with the body to lower glucose levels by stimulating the release of insulin only when glucose levels become too high. The benefit to the patient is that there is reduced risk of blood sugar becoming too low (hypoglycaemia).

Steve

How can i find out more information about it can i ask my diabetic nurse busybee2

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
Not sure where we are with UK approval and availability within the NHS, but it wouldnt hurt to see if he/she is aware?.

Regards Steve

busybee2

busybee2 said:
Bluenosesol said:

Steve

How can i find out more information about it can i ask my diabetic nurse busybee2
thank you for this information it is very useful busybee2