12 Foods to Eat Every Week - Sunday Times

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This article appeared in yesterday's Times, but as it is behind The Times paywall, I thought I'd post it here as a .pdf file.

Recognise any of these foods as being decent food for folks looking for a good healthy life?

Attachments

• The 12 foods to eat every week.pdf
    300.7 KB · Views: 4,399
Reactions: 2 people

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely not the pineapple. Haven't tried Turmeric or the Miso. Have all the rest.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I agree, defo not pineapple, I have Tumeric in my Good Green Stuff supplement and Miso - isn't that the new 5th taste?

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

D

debrasue

I agree, defo not pineapple, I have Tumeric in my Good Green Stuff supplement and Miso - isn't that the new 5th taste?

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum
No, the 5th taste is umami, defined as a "savoury taste". They've now decided upon a 6th, kokumi, which is described as "mouthfulness", whatever that's supposed to mean!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pineapple is very different when it hasn't done several thousand airmiles, but in general, I'd agree on the pineapple.

I just thought how different that list would have been even 12-18 months ago.

TofuMary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This article appeared in yesterday's Times, but as it is behind The Times paywall, I thought I'd post it here as a .pdf file.

Recognise any of these foods as being decent food for folks looking for a good healthy life?

Definitely not the pineapple. Haven't tried Turmeric or the Miso. Have all the rest.
Excuse my ignorance: Why not the pineapple?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excuse my ignorance: Why not the pineapple?

Pineapple; in fact all tropical fruits arer very high sugar, so can be a bit tricky for T2 diabetcs. Most T2s who do finger prick testing find they can't really get away with eating tropical fruit, and keep very tight control of their blood sugars.

Do you self test, Mary? It really does an important insight onto how our bodies are handling the things we eat and drink.

bobandpat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We eat everything on that list other than the pineapple so we should be super fit :D

We do take Bromelain in tablet form though and have done for several years. My other half had a cold last winter, first one since we started taking the tablets so they must work to some degree as we would both have a cold or two every year.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At least leaving the walnuts out won't bother me.
Awful things.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I couldn't eat any of that stuff!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I couldn't eat any of that stuff!

What makes you say you couldn't eat any of it? Don't you fancy any of them? Don't you like any of them, or do you have multiple food allergies?

Whilst some of them wouldn't have been at the top of my list of preferred foods, prior to diagnosis, some feature quite regularly in my diet these days.