Fried breakfast

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think a lot of people really think outside the box for breakfast they can't get their head around foods that are not traditional breakfast foods. Those who only have to get breakfast for their self are probably more adventurous than they were before diabetes.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Before diagnosis i always had porridge for breakfast in the belief that it was healthy.

Now I either have toasted low carb bread or I have something Ive precooked. This morning I'm about to have 2 cold Heck sausages, with some mushrooms that i cooked ladt night and which I'll reheat in the microwave whilst Im boilingbthe kettle for my coffee.

Sometimes I make a batch of egg mayonnsise and have a couole of spoonfuls each morning with a slice of butchers ham. Quick, easy and delicious.

THEBOT74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have a cooked breakfast now and not cereal as it's lower in carbs. Don't like eggs at all but have bacon, sausages and/or black pudding, and mushrooms. I have experimented and found that if I have two black pudding slices my carbs are around 20g and my BS reading jumps by 3, two hours after. So based upon this, as well as my experiment with baked beans, is this.

You're best having bacon, sausages, eggs, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. I would still watch how much sausages you have due to their high saturated fat content, make sure you grill them until the fat drains - using the George Foreman does the trick for me.
I would restrict black puddings/haggis slices to just one slice as they are carby. Avoid baked beans (even the reduced sugar variety), fried bread, hash browns, and fried potatoes as they're high in carbs too.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I cant handle food first thing but if I don't eat my BS just keeps rising until I do. I just have a fat bomb out of the fridge with my meds, problem solved.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Before diagnosis i always had porridge for breakfast in the belief that it was healthy.

Now I either have toasted low carb bread or I have something Ive precooked. This morning I'm about to have 2 cold Heck sausages, with some mushrooms that i cooked ladt night and which I'll reheat in the microwave whilst Im boilingbthe kettle for my coffee.

Sometimes I make a batch of egg mayonnsise and have a couole of spoonfuls each morning with a slice of butchers ham. Quick, easy and delicious.
Mmmm ham and eggy mayo sounds very yummy....

alaska

I've been having full fat Greek yoghurt, nuts, a few raisins -plus various additions over the years (muesli, plain oats, various seeds).

I've had this breakfast most days of the week since starting a low-carb diet some 5 or 6 years ago.

I guess a recommendation is a starting point rather than an instruction.

Ed

Reactions: 2 people

fene48

I've been having full fat Greek yoghurt, nuts, a few raisins -plus various additions over the years (muesli, plain oats, various seeds).

I've had this breakfast most days of the week since starting a low-carb diet some 5 or 6 years ago.

I guess a recommendation is a starting point rather than an instruction.

Ed
Oooh yes!!!. A good brekkie. I could only improve on it with the occasional berries, or a passionfruit or ..... **** its a long way to breakfast.

Reactions: 2 people