My turn to rant

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
Well I am extremely unhappy today as there is a woman called Lyn who lives not far from me who is deliberately getting as fat as she can eating everything junk so that she will get diabetes.
Why is she doing this you ask?

SO SHE CAN CLAIM DISSABILITY LIVING ALLOWANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! because she is a greedy greedy woman.

Little does she know you cannot get DLA for diabetes,

But it is people like her who are getting us T2's the name slob!!!!!!!!!!! this woman is 5ft 4in and weighs nearly 20 stone and rising.

And yes I do believe in name and shame

Ok rant over.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Patch said:
What a muppet.

Oh ! Come on Pat, that's no way to talk about SB ......... :wink:

dragongirl

It happens with ADHD and ritalin. The parents want the DLA and also trade some of the ritalin as street drugs. This is not rumour, I've heard them say what they do. Can't quite believe it of wanting DB though. Mad!
DG

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
omg that is disgusting, i get disability for other health problems but not my diabetes and id swap the bit of money i get anyday to have good health :?

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
This kind of manipulation of the system makes my blood boil ! I am 62 and a carer for my disabled husband who is wheelchair bound, he would literally give his right arm to be able to walk againx

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Why?
How can money replace being able to function properly, being able to walk, to dance and play with your children and grandchildren. It's actually completely beyond my understanding.
The nasty part of me wants her to get her wish and the subsequent complications. The nicer part hopes that someone puts her straight on the risks and the discipline needed to prevent the possible consequences if she gets diabetes.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
No amount of money can make up for lost health. :(

This is just sheer ignorance as this woman will probably learn to her cost. :roll:

TracyA

Dislikes
Liars and ignorant people.
Omg utterly disgusting.I do claim DLA,but for my daughter who has C/P,I would anyday have my baby being able to walk rather than have to claim for her illness.Also Dragongirl,I have also heard stories about parents claiming to sell their childs Ritalin,sadly my middle child does have to take this med,its people like that who give us a bad name grrrrr.Disgusting! And ignorant. :evil:

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
My son now 19 was diagnosed ADHD when he was at middle school and was put on ritilin, but after 2 weeks of watching him walk around like a zombie I stopped him taking it as I wanted MY SON back, ADHD be blowed.
He is now training with the TA hoping to transfer to the regs later this year.

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Natural selection throws up some oddities occasionally, including very stupid people like this. They tend not to last long in the gene pool, and anything that speeds their exit from this existence has to be a good thing. A small price to pay.

There was a similar story a few years ago where young gay men were deliberately having unprotected sex, in order to become infected with HIV, simply to acquire an alleged "cachet" of being so afflicted. Utter madness.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Whats to say that this woman is going to get diabetes?

Morbidly obese yes but diabetes?????

Has someone told her that getting fat causes diabetes because there are millions more non diabetic fat people than diabetic fat people. :lol: :lol:

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
She may be more likely to die of a heart attack! :shock:

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
And I just thought, a diagnosis of diabetes is no guarantee of getting DLA anyway?! The perfect solution - weed out the morons at no cost to anyone. Sometimes I love how Mother Nature works... :twisted:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Suffolkboi,

Its a sad reflection of the age that we live in, but there are many more people like this who are trying to cheat our social security system, rather than get off their backsides and do a day's work.

I know many people who are in genuine need of financial support through ill-health, and are either refused or have to endure the rigmarole of form filling and appeals. These people that try to defraud the system should hang their heads in shame!

Nigel

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
So far this woman, and I use the term woman loosley, has 4 children, has her husband on full dla for a bad back, yet he can lift fridges and double beds,onto a flatback lorry, can walk faster than me and I use a walking stick. herself on full dla cos she so fat she waddles now she has her eldest on dla and is trying to get her youngest on dla. This is not including the benefits she gets from the dole office.
How much money is enough for this woman?

How do I know all of this, because she bragged to me about what she gets.