Induction tomorrow morning! - Baby Update!

Elc1112

So, as the title says, I have my induction booked for tomorrow morning. Been waiting for the call from the hospital to confirm the time all day - and I am not particularly patient! Got to be in at 8am. So happy that it's early on otherwise I would be unbearable tomorrow!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to those of you who have answered any questions and helped to put my mind at rest. Hope to be able to update you with some baby news very soon!

Em x

Reactions: 2 people

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ahhhh good luck tomorrow will be listening out for your baby news X x x

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Kateyo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ah lots of luck, very exciting knowing you're going to meet your baby very soon! I remember my induction, I couldnt wait, the waiting around for them to take me was the worst bit! Good luck :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck :) Be prepared for a long induction because that helps psychologically, check your bag and your birth plan, take plenty of hypo treatments - and be confident and strong and know you can do it :)

Elc1112

Thanks, Azure. I'm definitely expecting a long wait. If it happens quickly then that's great. But I'm not expecting it. I have looooooads of hypo treatments. 12 Lucozades to go in to the hospital, and another 36 in the boot of my car haha. Might have over-prepared a bit, but any spares can come home for later.

I'm actually surprisingly calm about the labour. I thought I'd be a wreck. It's more the waiting for 8am to come that is driving me mad!

Em

Reactions: 2 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's good that you are calm @Elc1112 :) I hope everything goes well for you and you have your baba in your arms very soon! Hope you've got a book/magazine to help pass time xx

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Loulou52

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck. Big hugs. So recent for me if you've got any questions while youre waiting do ask! Just.over a week ago I was having my induction! X

Elc1112

Hi all,

Thanks for all the kind wishes. Little Evie Rose was born yesterday, and is doing very well. The induction didn't quite go as planned, so we ended up having an emergency c section. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be, but time will tell what the recovery will be like!

For now, though, we are all doing very well. Evie's sugars have been spot on, and she is feeding well. I'm a bit tired after a long couple of days but glad to have our little girl here with us now :)

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1469849582.284492.jpg

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1469849596.390105.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations! She looks beautiful :)

I'm glad the feeding is going well, and I hope you have a speedy recovery from the section. Take it easy (or as easy as you can as a new mum!) and enjoy every minute :)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Congratulations! Welcome to the world little one x

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ahh @Elc1112 she is beautiful! Love her name too!
Sorry you ended up having a section but as you say they aren't half as bad as you expect, just be careful recovering as I ended up with a tear in my scar & an infection as I like to believe I am super woman and totally over did things! Hope you're both doing well xx