The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

Double scream, scream
So had a meeting where a buffet was supplied, nice choice of things like crustless savoury tarts, boiled eggs, chicken skewers etc,
Then the desserts, cheese, trifles, fruit and Scottish tablet, ***, I love Scottish tablet but it is sugar mixed with more sugar and sweet milk, but I love it. Cheese is fine but when your sitting less than three feet away from tablet, I actually felt my pancreas sigh.

My foster dog I asked if I could keep him, nope not allowed. Slowly reach for tablet taken from buffet
Aw, whenever we've had that request we've agreed. Yes, it sometimes meant we lost a foster care, but yes, the doggy had his/her forever home.
So sad for you

S

Shar67

Aw, whenever we've had that request we've agreed. Yes, it sometimes meant we lost a foster care, but yes, the doggy had his/her forever home.
So sad for you

I'm not even an official foster mum, only do it when all other foster place are taken and there is an urgent intake, never filled in any applications or even vetted, but I did rehome one of their dogs. I would still foster if they let me have him.
I will get over it when he goes, maybe there is another doglet waiting that I can make room for

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

I'm not even an official foster mum, only do it when all other foster place are taken and there is an urgent intake, never filled in any applications or even vetted, but I did rehome one of their dogs. I would still foster if they let me have him.
I will get over it when he goes, maybe there is another doglet waiting that I can make room for
Some of them find a much bigger corner of our heart to steal away.....it's not always easy letting them go.....we've rehomed almost 1000 since 2003 over, if you count the ones who have stayed

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
We are under a heat watch plus plus plus. Have a buncha necessary testing and the cardiologist tomorrow both of which are important. Hoping to watch the Democratic convention on TV even though I'm probably writing in at the actual election, but we oftne lose power in situations like this:

The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for the entire Washington DC area from now until midnight. Damaging winds are the primary threat. An isolated tornado is possible. Please clear drains and catch basins, and remove light objects from porches. Seek shelter in an inner most room or basement in case of a tornado.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A FLASH FLOOD WATCH FOR THE DC METRO AREA FROM NOW UNTIL 11 AM JULY 29, 2016. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS WITH RAINFALL RATES OF AN INCH OR TWO PER HOUR AT TIMES.
I hate it when weather says NO! to our plans. Hope y'all stay safe x

oopsie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For years now a group of 5 friends have celebrated their birthdays over the 31 July - 1 August with a big get together. I have always gone to their parties, driving whoever and wherever they were meeting. Now I'm not allowed to drive all of a sudden I'm not invited to the picnic. I can't tell you how hurtful it feels. Did they only invite me because I could provide lifts? The first it came up on fb a couple of weeks ago. I just thought that Gill had forgotten me. They are now planning who is driving and passengers and I am not on the list. It has been bad enough losing dome of my sight. Life is so hard and it is not getting easier. I feel so upset. Some of these friends go back 30 years.

I totally understand how your feeling. Some people can be heartless. Similar thing happened to me (had surgery so wasn't up to driving) when I was the invites started again (with tags for lifts) I refused all, made me feel better :) If it was me I'd ask who you would be travelling with (give them a guilt trip) Sending hugs

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I saw a programme on TV about couples and their caravans. Each couple had to drive the caravan through an obstacle course, the judging was also made on how clean and how decorated the caravan was. All of the men towed the caravan's, but........... when the wives had to do it, they were pretty good, considering none ( including a son's elderly mother :wideyed:) had towed before and one lady came out tops and she was so nervous too. You can do it Patsy, it's just confidence :)
Thankyou for that...I used to tow a caravan 10 years ago and thought nothing of it but now am nervouse well i didnt have diabetes then so am putting the nervy part of me down to that lol.....we have five dogs and people just do not wnat to have that many dogs in their holliday homes and if I do not tow then I do not get a holliday with them.... they arewhippets and the whippet community has meetinsg all over the country I should be up in bonny Scotland now but the caravan not ready till next week so will look forward to the holliday next year...

S

Shar67

Thankyou for that...I used to tow a caravan 10 years ago and thought nothing of it but now am nervouse well i didnt have diabetes then so am putting the nervy part of me down to that lol.....we have five dogs and people just do not wnat to have that many dogs in their holliday homes and if I do not tow then I do not get a holliday with them.... they arewhippets and the whippet community has meetinsg all over the country I should be up in bonny Scotland now but the caravan not ready till next week so will look forward to the holliday next year...

Hopefully I will be up in Scotland permanently next year, I'm hoping to do B&B or self catering, or just room for someone's caravan/mobile home, I will be accepting dogs, no matter how many a person has and will do doggy day care if owners want to go out somewhere not dog friendly. I think people are very short sighted when it comes to dog numbers, I'm pretty sure if someone has 5 dogs the dogs are well behaved otherwise you couldn't have so many, I have 3 and a foster so they all have to get on and behave.
Maybe see you next year;)

S

Sable_Jan

We are under a heat watch plus plus plus. Have a buncha necessary testing and the cardiologist tomorrow both of which are important. Hoping to watch the Democratic convention on TV even though I'm probably writing in at the actual election, but we oftne lose power in situations like this:

The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for the entire Washington DC area from now until midnight. Damaging winds are the primary threat. An isolated tornado is possible. Please clear drains and catch basins, and remove light objects from porches. Seek shelter in an inner most room or basement in case of a tornado.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A FLASH FLOOD WATCH FOR THE DC METRO AREA FROM NOW UNTIL 11 AM JULY 29, 2016. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS WITH RAINFALL RATES OF AN INCH OR TWO PER HOUR AT TIMES.
Mmm, if you shelter in the basement in case of tornado's and the flash floods come instead you're snookered!!.

Sat under shelter with Nina and hoping rain stops so we can go walkies....might put my ankle wellies on and risk it....trouble is get vacuum packed feet and a fight to get them off again. Wellies that is, not feet

S

Sable_Jan

Hopefully I will be up in Scotland permanently next year, I'm hoping to do B&B or self catering, or just room for someone's caravan/mobile home, I will be accepting dogs, no matter how many a person has and will do doggy day care if owners want to go out somewhere not dog friendly. I think people are very short sighted when it comes to dog numbers, I'm pretty sure if someone has 5 dogs the dogs are well behaved otherwise you couldn't have so many, I have 3 and a foster so they all have to get on and behave.
Maybe see you next year;)
You wonderful person. Let me know once you're up and running. We could put your details on our website

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I might just climb Sca Fell and empty my lungs AAAAAARRRGGGHHHH

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
People who are cruel to people or animals.

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
People who are cruel to people or animals.
I saw a programme on TV about couples and their caravans. Each couple had to drive the caravan through an obstacle course, the judging was also made on how clean and how decorated the caravan was. All of the men towed the caravan's, but........... when the wives had to do it, they were pretty good, considering none ( including a son's elderly mother :wideyed:) had towed before and one lady came out tops and she was so nervous too. You can do it Patsy, it's just confidence :)
I saw that too!

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
In her bloomin earholes
I hate it when people takes advantage of us. All my pupil's know, like you, I give over and beyond what is required. I don't make a spectacle of myself, I just give as much as I can. When it gets chucked back in your face it is so demoralising. Keep strong and know that you have kept records of all your extra hours you have worked. x

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A big scream, arrgghhhhhhhhh :arghh::banghead::arghh: Late this afternoon, I felt very tired, irritable and weepy. Tested my BS and it was a whopping 24.3:eek: and I don't know why. So I took 4 correction units of Insulin ( 1 unit brings me down by 3 1/2). I checked later, still thirsty, so drunk a bottle of water, and BS was over 25, took anther 2 units and later again it still hadn't come down, so removed that vial and put a new vial in. Eventually had dinner and BS is now, 19.1. I think the other vial became faulty in some way, but it's the same one I used for breakfast and BS was 4.9 before lunch, so confused.com :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sable_Jan

A big scream, arrgghhhhhhhhh :arghh::banghead::arghh: Late this afternoon, I felt very tired, irritable and weepy. Tested my BS and it was a whopping 24.3:eek: and I don't know why. So I took 4 correction units of Insulin ( 1 unit brings me down by 3 1/2). I checked later, still thirsty, so drunk a bottle of water, and BS was over 25, took anther 2 units and later again it still hadn't come down, so removed that vial and put a new vial in. Eventually had dinner and BS is now, 19.1. I think the other vial became faulty in some way, but it's the same one I used for breakfast and BS was 4.9 before lunch, so confused.com :confused:
Take care RRB.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
May everything just somehow start working for you because you have suffered a lot lately. Be well, good soul
OMG I would be scared....have you found out what was causing it to be that high?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you guys, I woke up on a 8.4 this morning, which is good :) I went to bed on 16.0, took my 10 units of Levemir and a correction dose of 1,1/2, Novorapid, so it halved my BS overnight. It was scary because of the pressure build up in my right eye, still feeling tired and worn out, but not thirsty or so sick. The Insulin cartridge must of had a crack/leak in it( it did smell strongly of Insulin) but thankfully the new one is working, so a good scream this morning. I will have to watch what I am doing today regarding Insulin doses, as I have a lot more in my system now, so I will be extra vigilant as I am going out today to an event, with a lovely boat trip at noon.
Take care :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The lovely boat trip at noon ought to do it by itself. Beauty in good and loving company is great medicine

We had a lovely boat trip on a barge with lovely weather too, then a walk around Greenham Common and took some photo's.
I feel so much better today :)