pesky bugs

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had a bit of a problem with midges in my place as they're coming through my exhaust vents. It's winter here and I'm near a brook as well so probably their breeding season.

Well today one tries to land on my injection site that was a bleeder so I'm waving my hand trying to slap it and then I've got the needle in the other hand still. ugh. I thought phew that''s the last bug I can see for a bit until I go to test my sugar and one lands on my finger with my drop of blood I was about to put on the test strip.

That's it.... I surfaced sprayed those vents as no **** midge is getting a free feed off me when I'm trying to manage my diabetes. Slack midges at that... can't be bothered biting, just fly around this diabetic lady as she'll have some blood coming out at some point.

Oh I can't say I've ever had this issue before either. lol.

Reactions: 2 people

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.
Hi Mep,
Made me smile too, but I can't think why.
Our small rural estate is surrounded, just about, by farmland and the little flies seem to vary according to the crops planted in the fields. In the 1970s it was all barley. I remember coming home one day to find a black band about 9 inches wide around the perimeter of every pane of glass - on the inside. It was summer, we had left the small (hopper) windows open. The locals called them barley flies and I was told that when the heads of barley ripen they 'open' and thousands of these small flies come out.
These days the crops are usually rape seed and we get a different small fly. They're very small and infuriating.

Reactions: 4 people