Babies weight

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey ladies what did your little ones weigh at 32 weeks? Mine currently weighs 4 pound 7oz.... 4 weeks ago at 28 weeks weighed 2 pound 11oz is this normal? Xxx

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm sure my boy was 5lb something @ 32 weeks... But he was big when he was born? They can't really tell with the weight anyway! It's a tota guess!

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank u Sarah! Did they allow u to go full term with him? 4 weeks ago my consultant said if he carries on growing how he is I'll be able to go full term, but now he has had a drastic weight gain.... Was really hoping to go full xx

oopsie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite normal, During the last four weeks of pregnancy, the baby's body growth slows as the baby puts on weight — mostly in the form of body fat — in preparation for birth. This can be up to half a lb a week.

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank u Sarah! Did they allow u to go full term with him? 4 weeks ago my consultant said if he carries on growing how he is I'll be able to go full term, but now he has had a drastic weight gain.... Was really hoping to go full xx

I went to 38 weeks with him, they talked about a section at 36, but they waited till 38. X

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Quite normal, During the last four weeks of pregnancy, the baby's body growth slows as the baby puts on weight — mostly in the form of body fat — in preparation for birth. This can be up to half a lb a week.

Thank you!

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
11lb 1oz was given a c section! And dawn phenomenon was horrendous towards the end! X

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Oh wow!!!!!!!! That's amazing!!!! Did they say it was due to your diabetes? Lol xx

Elc1112

Congratulations! Was you induced? What a perfect size xx

I went in on Thursday morning to be induced. Unfortunately, even after three pessaries, my cervix was still high, posterior, and closed. I had cramping but no contractions. They monitored me closely and ended up having an emergency c section. That wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be, though the spinal anaesthetic did knock me for six! Bit sore today but it's bearable and manageable with paracetamol. The worst pain is in my shoulders, but that's just where I have been lying awkwardly, having to use my arms to get up as I can't use my core muscles, and also where I have been cuddling little one so much! My insulin requirements have plummeted since having her, and I am having more hypos. Means more testing but it's worth it. Bit of a pain that hospital food isn't always diabetic friendly. I'm also veggie and allergic to gluten on top, just to make it a little more complicated lol. Hoping that we will be allowed home tomorrow, which will make controlling my sugars a lot easier.

Em x

D

Deleted member 83869

Ermmm my bubba was roughly 5lbs 6oz at 32 weeks I think,,,,,I then had to have an emergency c section at 34+1 weeks! Totally scary but I gave birth to a beautiful little girl who weighed 6lbs 8oz! Like Sarah said they can't totally tell what baby's weight is going to be until they are out :) Good Luck and don't worry! xx

PS sorry If I scared you!! xx

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh wow!!!!!!!! That's amazing!!!! Did they say it was due to your diabetes? Lol xx

Yeah they said with the dawn phenomenon! I really did have a tough time during my first pregnancy! Best hba1c was 6.8% 47 was such a struggle to manage my sugars using pens! But this time I'm feeling much more settled and much more confident! My dsn has told me this one ISNT going to be that big! Haha! X

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi my now teenager was born at 33 weeks, 4lb 7 oz, she looked tiny too.