Tomatoes??

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
This thread has changed my life as a result of reading it I did some googling on possible connections between rheumatoid arthritis and tomatoes and as a result have tried giving up tomatoes. It appears my my body has a reaction to to tomatoes as the result within 24 hrs(!) of excluding tomatoes I have experienced a very significant reduction in pain and joint stiffness and so far the improvement is continuing.
However I am now left with a vast hole in my diet.;-(

wd6ecc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just have a look at the nutrition label on the tin. That will tell you the total carb content for 100g. and also for the whole tin. Then decide how many to eat, then test your levels to see what effect they had.

I am a cherry tomato fan and never eat tinned ones. Cherry toms with my salads, normal fresh toms for cooking.

Do you have any links to studies on whether they cause inflammation? If they do, I should be riddled with inflammatory problems the amount I eat!. (But I'm not) ;)
i think you will find tinned

A

Avocado Sevenfold

This thread has changed my life as a result of reading it I did some googling on possible connections between rheumatoid arthritis and tomatoes and as a result have tried giving up tomatoes. It appears my my body has a reaction to to tomatoes as the result within 24 hrs(!) of excluding tomatoes I have experienced a very significant reduction in pain and joint stiffness and so far the improvement is continuing.
However I am now left with a vast hole in my diet.;-(
Glad you are feeling better. Do you think you could be affected by all nightshade plants or just tomatoes? I hope you are able to find tasty alternatives :)

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I can tolerate 200grams of tinned chopped tomatoes in a casserole with plenty of fat, eg belly pork. It's home-grown season now so I have up to 4 cherry tomatoes at a time from the greenhouse with cheese and/or bacon.
The possible link between acidic tomato and aches and pains is interesting.