Carbs

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sorry, my post was confusing because I replied to the wrong post.
@Alicki does not reside in the UK either!

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Sorry, my post was confusing because I replied to the wrong post.
@Alicki does not reside in the UK either!
Oh ok, was just feeling a little slow. There are a lot of non UK people on here I think mainly because its one of the best forums out there. I have dropped a couple others because people were being crucified if they dared express an opinion that was not the official "party line". I do not like that kind of bullying and have never seen it here.

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh ok, was just feeling a little slow. There are a lot of non UK people on here I think mainly because its one of the best forums out there. I have dropped a couple others because people were being crucified if they dared express an opinion that was not the official "party line". I do not like that kind of bullying and have never seen it here.

Totally agree!
We do try and offer friendly advice from experience!

And, rather than toeing the party line. We actually recommend something that actually works. Though as individuals we need to tailor our lifestyles to our own experiences and testing.

Reactions: 2 people

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Totally agree!
We do try and offer friendly advice from experience!

And, rather than toeing the party line. We actually recommend something that actually works. Though as individuals we need to tailor our lifestyles to our own experiences and testing.
The other forums are for the most part also LCHF but if you are not doing exactly that in exactly the way they say, forget it. Here people do things in so many different ways and it's OK. Everyone recognizes we are not all the same. Makes for a comfortable and comforting experience.

Reactions: 4 people

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The other forums are for the most part also LCHF but if you are not doing exactly that in exactly the way they say, forget it. Here people do things in so many different ways and it's OK. Everyone recognizes we are not all the same. Makes for a comfortable and comforting experience.
You mean gobbling bacon grease and eating 2000 calorie coffees in the morning and considering it fasting ? addi gbaxon grease cheese and butter to avocado as a slight snack? Been there. THIS FORUM IS SO MUCH BETTER

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You mean gobbling bacon grease and eating 2000 calorie coffees in the morning and considering it fasting ? addi gbaxon grease cheese and butter to avocado as a slight snack? Been there. THIS FORUM IS SO MUCH BETTER
I see you have most likely visited the one I have in mind.o_O

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I think he commented that both you and i are not in the UK. There are several of us not in UK! Where are you if you dont mind saying?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think he commented that both you and i are not in the UK. There are several of us not in UK! Where are you if you dont mind saying?
US here.
I'm sure it's the same forum were talking about and if you look at stats MOST are obese with lots of other health issues. And it's the same handful of people that hand out advice.
When i first found this forum it was so refreshing!!!

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
A gall bladder attack is pain under the breastbone that spreads around to your back. It is like having a steel band tightened around your ribs. It is extremely painful and can often come with vomiting. At first, before the attacks get very bad, lying in a tub of hot water helps. Later you feel like if you can just throw up it will feel better but you don't feel better when you vomit. This was my experience with it YMMV. Eating low fat destroyed my gallbladder. It had to be removed. If it gets bad enough it can develop gangrene but not too many people can handle that level of pain and not seek help before that happens.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, that description is the same as I was too. I also had pain under the right shoulder blade. Colic is the worst pain I have ever experienced, I literally couldn't get off the floor, the first time I thought I was dying!

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
US here.
I'm sure it's the same forum were talking about and if you look at stats MOST are obese with lots of other health issues. And it's the same handful of people that hand out advice.
When i first found this forum it was so refreshing!!!
Well I am obese with lots of other health issues. But that is slowly changing.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I am obese with lots of other health issues. But that is slowly changing.
My apologies. It was not meant to be an insult to obese people but rather obese people with health issues handing out advice to eat tons and tons of saturated fats. And the you won't lose weight unless you up your fats. Pile the butter on your ribeye steak. Make sure to add lots of butter and cheese to all yiur vegetables and be sure to cook those veggies in bacon grease. Then don t forget to lick the plate.!!!
They had a recipe for avacado SNACK. one avocado. 4 slices of bacon and all the grease. A few T melted butter and something else I don't remember. Now I love fat but this sounds discusting. I can see the bacon in it for sure but not the grease and butter. And WHO would lose weight snacking on that? My point was bad dietary advice, not ripping on obese people. When I was misdiagnosed as T2 I struggled for a long time to gain weight. Gaining can be just as hard as losing. Everyone was insulting me telling me I was too skinny and had an eating disorder. Very painful time. Please accept ,y apologies.

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
My gallbladder issues were very difficult to diagnose, i had sludge and tiny stones 3mm in bile ducts. It took an endoscopic ultrasound to find it. Then They did an ERCP and made a cut into the duct to let the sludge flow. Everyone is recommending removing gallbladder but Im trying to treat it with plants. I Will re evaluate in 3 months. The op scares me because i often suffer from complications...
Im obese(due to genetics but also bad Life style) but like chalup working my way down to normal weight. And insulin resistant which is an earlier stage of diabetes that pre diabetes. Kristin, our "avocado expert" has taught me a lot, and especially how to eat fats in modération because i cant go full fat too much due to estrogen and gallbladder and dont Want to over-do protein.
I got the wake up call to get healthy with sleep apnea diagnosis and the diagnosis of insulin resistance, overload of estrogen which caused havoc to my body. Obesity brought on a stack problems and i went from never being sick before 27 years old to being chronically sick from âge 37. now fighting to exercise daily and get my health on track. Health is too important to be messed with.

I need to eat in an anti estrogen fashion (no red meat, no white carbs, no soja, no dairy, saturated fats) so diet is challenging!! Im in the testing phase!!!

My mother who is 80 is crippled with obesity related problems. When i see her and her weight of 125kg i know i have to do something. Im 80kg now (lost 17kg in 7 months) aiming for 59kg in the next 12 months. Slowly but surely

Im very grateful to all of you for your expertise and if i can help, please feel free to ask :)

Best
Alicki

pS: stigma is everywhere, fat, skinny, and so on.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My gallbladder issues were very difficult to diagnose, i had sludge and tiny stones 3mm in bile ducts. It took an endoscopic ultrasound to find it. Then They did an ERCP and made a cut into the duct to let the sludge flow. Everyone is recommending removing gallbladder but Im trying to treat it with plants. I Will re evaluate in 3 months. The op scares me because i often suffer from complications...
Im obese(due to genetics but also bad Life style) but like chalup working my way down to normal weight. And insulin resistant which is an earlier stage of diabetes that pre diabetes. Kristin, our "avocado expert" has taught me a lot, and especially how to eat fats in modération because i cant go full fat too much due to estrogen and gallbladder and dont Want to over-do protein.
I got the wake up call to get healthy with sleep apnea diagnosis and the diagnosis of insulin resistance, overload of estrogen which caused havoc to my body. Obesity brought on a stack problems and i went from never being sick before 27 years old to being chronically sick from âge 37. now fighting to exercise daily and get my health on track. Health is too important to be messed with.

I need to eat in an anti estrogen fashion (no red meat, no white carbs, no soja, no dairy, saturated fats) so diet is challenging!! Im in the testing phase!!!

My mother who is 80 is crippled with obesity related problems. When i see her and her weight of 125kg i know i have to do something. Im 80kg now (lost 17kg in 7 months) aiming for 59kg in the next 12 months. Slowly but surely

Im very grateful to all of you for your expertise and if i can help, please feel free to ask :)

Best
Alicki

pS: stigma is everywhere, fat, skinny, and so on.
Someone on this forum once said ' make angular meal and just take off the carbs '. Simple and easy. No need to add EXTRA fat, just normal average amounts. Fat is an essential nutrient so we must eat some. I get some fro. My proteins and tuna and salmon, add some salad dressing or olive oil to yiur salads just to flavor it. It doesn't need to be dripping. Have a few slices of avocado during the day and a few nuts. I only eat 2 or 3 at a time. I will eat LEAN red meat in small amounts and chicken thigh etc but I dont eat the skin and I trim all the fat. I never drink fat like omega 3 or flax oil. As we've talked before, it's a matter of finding the RIGHT fats that work for YOU. I never eat soy mayo because of the estrogen effect but I found a wonderfully creamy non GMO expeller pressed canola oil. No egg, dairy, fillers and GF. It actually works better for me than olive oil. I've had kidney stones when I was sick so I keep protein to about 4 oz a day. No problems there. A long time ago I used to live in frozen lean cuisines and weigh watchers frozen meals. I try to keep my portions about that size for all meals. MUCH easier on digestion.

I'm sorry for your health issues but you are headed in the right direction. Honestly, I don't care what I eat as long as it works for both bs and digestion but I never eat food I don't like. Ever. An egg or some chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon salad with a T mayo on one piece of lettuce with a slice of avocado, a few small celery celery sticks and radish slices is all I need for a full meal.

You'll find your way. Have you added some fats ? Which ones are working?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
[QUOTE="Kristin251, post: 1219561, member: 240838"

I'm sorry for your health issues but you are headed in the right direction. Honestly, I don't care what I eat as long as it works for both bs and digestion but I never eat food I don't like. Ever. An egg or some chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon salad with a T mayo on one piece of lettuce with a slice of avocado, a few small celery celery sticks and radish slices is all I need for a full meal?[/QUOTE]

That's a feast!:eek::rolleyes:

If I ate that much, I couldn't lose weight!

You are dead right about how much (good ) fats, we need, just have to be careful they are the right ones.

If I have a fried egg, and I do, it's usually animal fats, but I would rather grill my bacon and such but I leave the rind on!

If I eat out, I can have virgin olive oil as that doesn't do much to my dietary balance but I do have problems with vegetable oils!

It is about testing and eating the right balance of fats, protein and vegetables.
Carbs are a different thing tho! (Baddies!)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm sorry for your health issues but you are headed in the right direction. Honestly, I don't care what I eat as long as it works for both bs and digestion but I never eat food I don't like. Ever. An egg or some chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon salad with a T mayo on one piece of lettuce with a slice of avocado, a few small celery celery sticks and radish slices is all I need for a full meal?

You are dead right about how much (good ) fats, we need, just have to be careful they are the right ones.

If I have a fried egg, and I do, it's usually animal fats, but I would rather grill my bacon and such but I leave the rind on!

If I eat out, I can have virgin olive oil as that doesn't do much to my dietary balance but I do have problems with vegetable oils!

It is about testing and eating the right balance of fats, protein and vegetables.
Carbs are a different thing tho! (Baddies!)[/QUOTE]
That's a feast??? It's an ounce of protein on a small piece of Bibb lettuce. Celery equals about 6 inches and the slice of avocado is less than an inch wide. I slice a radish into thin strips and have two strips. All fits on an appetizer plate.

I agree with vegetable oils and fried foods are nauseating. For me, saturated fats are harder to digest than mono fats but on much of any fat is nauseating. Lol. Yup, test test test and listen to your body.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Carbs are a different thing tho! (Baddies!)
That's a feast??? It's an ounce of protein on a small piece of Bibb lettuce. Celery equals about 6 inches and the slice of avocado is less than an inch wide. I slice a radish into thin strips and have two strips. All fits on an appetizer plate.

I agree with vegetable oils and fried foods are nauseating. For me, saturated fats are harder to digest than mono fats but on much of any fat is nauseating. Lol. Yup, test test test and listen to your body.[/QUOTE]

It just reads as a lot!;)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm sorry for your health issues but you are headed in the right direction. Honestly, I don't care what I eat as long as it works for both bs and digestion but I never eat food I don't like. Ever. An egg or some chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon salad with a T mayo on one piece of lettuce with a slice of avocado, a few small celery celery sticks and radish slices is all I need for a full meal?

Carbs are a different thing tho! (Baddies!)[/QUOTE]

Nosher, actually this is one thing that bothers me. Sometimes a just want a few bites of something or a chicken leg but I have to take insulin when I eat protein. And even at the smallest dose I have to eat enough food or I will hypo. So I found the right balance of macros to keep me flat. It's annoying

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not everyone who believes in LCHF smothers food in fats. It is the extreme view. I don't grill, I fry, very often food is cooked at a lower temperature and sort of 'poached' usually in butter, often in a mixture of butter / olive oil and sometimes coconut oil, and I use the 'drippings' as a sauce, I have clear recollections of my mother doing this in the 1950s.

I feel that it is really important to just eat real food, natural fats are fine, but no Omega 6. No trans fats. We do usually have a cup of freshly brewed coffee every day with a tablespoon of double cream and a square of 85% cocoa chocolate, but that replaces lunch.