My Freestyle Libre test

Brit90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Got the package today
Read the instructions...quite clear but the insertion step wasn't 100% clear.
I pushed the sensor into my arm, and felt the prick but didn't feel right, from the next step. Basically I wasn't pushing hard enough for the device to make a click sound.

It is now in my arm, I scanned it with the reader which takes 1 hour to activate.

So just did my first measurement of 6.4 but compared to my Accu-Chek Mobile I have 8.8

So that's the difference so far....

T1D Sarah

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've done YouTube videos on the Libre hope all goes well for you!

T1D Sarah

Jasperville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On my second libre............not perfect so far.

First one (few weeks ago), consistently read about 0.5 below my blood meter, until the last few days, when they came closer together.

New one is very frustrating (3 days in), is reading higher than blood, but not consistent ie blood 4.5, libre 4.8, blood 6.5, libre 7.3, blood 7.3, libre 9.1.................totally unreliable at higher values this time (but still useful to see general trends).

Brit90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I would say the libre is a godsend (if I believed in that).

This not not perfect - but its a great step forward. People complain it is expensive, but it's really not that bad.

As for accuracy - I would say its a sliding scale of accuracy.

Sometimes it will read LOW - and give no number but I still feel fine - and sometimes it will be high 15+.
I would say the accuracy varies from a middle range - eg if Ideal is 6 accuracy would be within 5% but when it goes to 15+ accuracy is up to 20% out the same when it goes really low.

Best money I have ever spent on myself.

Does anyone else who use it, notice if they wake up in the morning and scan (while literally just waking up) when you get up I see a blood spike of +2-3 - which I guess is my body actually waking up and pumping sugar about.

It is amazing to see how the body is handling blood while you sleep as well - so nice!

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone else who use it, notice if they wake up in the morning and scan (while literally just waking up) when you get up I see a blood spike of +2-3 - which I guess is my body actually waking up and pumping sugar about.

I have always noticed this and I have "Personally" decided its because interstitial fluid changes when going from vertical<->horizontal
Also I have noticed "As a side sleeper" placement of the sensor can mean I compress it when sleeping and that lowers the readings artificially whilst compressed
Its all a bit hit and miss really - I guess finding your bodies sweet spot to insert/sleep with makes it better :¬)