Type 2 Life

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@eldergarth - Well Done Ron - that is a fantastic result and I am glad that you have had some Good News for a change, you certainly deserve it:). And Well Done to @tina_marie too:). William x

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I hope you have a lovely time with the family today, Barbara and enjoy that cauliflower cheese! Happy birthday to your mum. Big hugs x
Thanks Debra, it was lovely. We both piled our plates high with veg and as we could have a selection of meat I had the beef and chicken while mum had the pork. We were laughing our heads off when we tested our 2 hr pp - mine was 7.7 and mum's was 7.4! I think that's the first time mum's pp reading was lower than mine :)

PS love the new avatar - very cute!

Reactions: 5 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. I've just had a couple of weeks away from the forum.

Last week my sister and I took a little break on the IOW. It was lovely and very restful. Communicatin there is rubbish :mad: We had hardly any mobile signal and wifi was ****! :rolleyes: We did quite a bit, but it was a break well needed. The week before we were continuing to clear out my mother's house. Hopefully, this week will be the last, We have now applied for probate, so the house can be sold. I cannot wait for all this to finish. I hope everyone is well ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi all. I've just had a couple of weeks away from the forum.

Last week my sister and I took a little break on the IOW. It was lovely and very restful. Communicatin there is rubbish :mad: We had hardly any mobile signal and wifi was ****! :rolleyes: We did quite a bit, but it was a break well needed. The week before we were continuing to clear out my mother's house. Hopefully, this week will be the last, We have now applied for probate, so the house can be sold. I cannot wait for all this to finish. I hope everyone is well ;)
Had a very busy day today. I'm nodding off in my chair. Boy, im getting old. Ha ha
It's lovely to hear from you @KimG :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Had a very busy day today. I'm nodding off in my chair. Boy, im getting old. Ha ha
It's lovely to hear from you @KimG :)
Rons already in bed . We had a bit of trouble getting him out the bath. Lol

D

debrasue

Thanks Debra, it was lovely. We both piled our plates high with veg and as we could have a selection of meat I had the beef and chicken while mum had the pork. We were laughing our heads off when we tested our 2 hr pp - mine was 7.7 and mum's was 7.4! I think that's the first time mum's pp reading was lower than mine :)

PS love the new avatar - very cute!
Thanks Barbara - they're actually reading one of my books. My greatest critics, LOL!
I'm glad you had a nice day. :)

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
:). How have you been?
A bit up and down. You?
It's natural under the circumstances but steadying my bgs have helped.
Swinging bgs makes all the emotions that much harder to cope with.
How are you getting on? I know its tough. Your mum would want you to steady your bgs and live a healthy long life. My nana too for me.
Let's give them there wish! :) ♡♥♡

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning, FBG 6.8 mmol/l. Sun is out and having a grill up for breakfast. I'm off this morning and in after lunch. I have a MRI scan this morning at the hospital. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ainiabdul my only advice is stick to sugar free cough medicine and use ibuprofen/nurofen sparingly as normally sugar coated.
Chemists in uk sell kids ibuprofen which is a sugar free liquid if you get stuck.
Paracetamol the best for reducing a high temperature.
Decongestants can interfer with blood ptessure tablets so take advice from chemist if struggling badly.
I find albas oil a big relief.
Get well soon. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
The MRI scan is for my left shoulder. I've had 2 keyhole surgeries on it after falling off a ladder years ago and fracturing it badly. The last operation was to remove lots of fragments of bone and to repair the tendons as it was really stiff and had limited movements. It's been bugging me for months, painful and stiff and constantly using my TENS machine on it. My physiotherapist wants it checked out as I feel the physio I've had isn't helping. :)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
good afternoon, my friends who mean so much to me and have been penultimately kind to me on www.diabetes.co.uk,

I'm back at tate south lambeth library today logging on to my favourite internet websites and email accounts. I'm on pc. no 4.

I awoke this morning and as the morning's course of events transpired had a fbg of 6.0 mmol. I haven't eaten anything but I have drunk 3 mugs of coffee each with coffeemate and 3 sweeteners and innumerous measuring cups of tap water and a few roll-ups. my bg before leaving for the library was 5.4 mmol. this is a good blood sugar.

have a lovely Monday. it's lovely and warm in stockwell and I feel very exuberant.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello Johnny, I'm delighted to hear that you are feeling exuberant today. It's a lovely day up here in Central Scotland too☺ well done on your blood glucose readings, I hope that the rest of the day will bring you similarly low numbers and more jollity. Take care @autisticwonder1970

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hi all got my appointment for my MRI scan this Sunday at 1715 hrs fingers crossed

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Wish all his other appointments were as quick as this .