Type 2 Very Dry Skin

Pajero1us

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I have had Type 2 for about 10 years, I'm 72 male. Over the last couple of months , I have developed very dry skin on my face & head, I have used a variety of creams, but nothing seems to help, and now it has started to inch.
Any idea's/help welcome
thanks
Alan

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
My skin has become very dry over the past year and often when very dry will itch.
I would suggest Bio-oil - put it on at night as you go to bed - just a few drops warmed on your hands and then applied to head and face - works for me.
You may also want to consider any soap you use - if you can afford try make-up remover cream instead of soap - soap can be very drying in itself. Or the E34 cream?
Others might be able to offer more advice.

AlbertoLaidlaw

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
My skin has become very dry over the past year and often when very dry will itch.
I would suggest Bio-oil - put it on at night as you go to bed - just a few drops warmed on your hands and then applied to head and face - works for me.
You may also want to consider any soap you use - if you can afford try make-up remover cream instead of soap - soap can be very drying in itself. Or the E34 cream?
Others might be able to offer more advice.

AlbertoLaidlaw

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Previous to my weight loss I regularly had itching calves and arms. It now appears to have stopped I assume that this is down to better blood sugar control.

alison.81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use E45 Cream and I love my clinique products for dry skin.

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser and sudocrem when my skin is really dry.

Nidge247

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
A lot of soaps/shower gels will dry your skin out; try looking for ones which contain Aloe Vera - I find them very good for keeping the skin moist.

I tried but didn't get on with E45; It gave a burning sensation and didn't absorb very well. I have a great pharmacist who recommended Diprobase Ointment (not the cream), and I find this very good . We're all different, so it's a bit of trial and error I'm afraid.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I also have noticed dry skin and tried various things finally settled for Eucerin Sensitive Skin (for dry to very dry skin) it is expensive but you only need a drop so last several months . will try the Soaps which contain Aloe Vera myself.
As others have said it is finding something that works for you. This is just one of those things I don't know if it is because of old age or diabetes I am 77 going on 78