Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I love mixed nuts with raisins

Are these a good snack for T2 ?
The nuts but not the raisins. Sorry. Better would be a FEW dark chocolate chips. No dried fruit, very sugary. You can make your own mix. Just go easy on peanuts and cashews. Almonds, walnuts, pecan, macadamia are all good.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would avoid the raisins but a few nuts (not peanuts or cashews as they can be quite carby) are a great snack - I stick to almonds walnuts and Brazil nuts but I only have a small handful as if I eat too many they make me gain weight. A nice handful can be filling and nice easy snack to carry around

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The nuts but not the raisins. Sorry. Better would be a FEW dark chocolate chips. No dried fruit, very sugary. You can make your own mix. Just go easy on peanuts and cashews. Almonds, walnuts, pecan, macadamia are all good.
Snap lol -

Amethyst579

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nuts are great and low carb but do have quite a lot of calories which is OK unless trying to prevent unwanted weight gain. I agree with others that the raisins will be high in sugar - they are just a dried grape, the water is taken out, the sugar is left behind.