Type 1 Feel like I'm having a constant hypo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Ooooh, you've just reminded me of the Sterimar seawater nasal spray - same principle - going to dig it out if it's still in date - had forgotten all about it! Thanks!
that is something i use when sinuses get bad ( fairly often )

Reactions: 4 people

Tanny35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Tanny35. I experienced something similar earlier this year year. I work in quite a noisy environment and I started feeling hypo whenever I was at work, light headed, shaky eye's and that empty feeling. On maybe the 2nd or 3rd day the noise of the machinery was really getting to me. I decided to put some earplugs in and within 10mins the hypo symptoms abated. Continued with the earplugs for a few weeks then everything went back to normal.
I guess I could have had something going on in my ears or sinuses, they're all connected after all.
Sorry can't offer anything else. Good luck at the doc's.

Well my ears have been popping too! I know they're all connected so hoping if it is this the hypo type feeling will go.
I just didn't know if it was normal to get that feeling without the hypo for so long. But sounds like it may be my sinus/ears causing me the problems!
Thanks for all the advice

Reactions: 2 people
C

catherinecherub

You say that have had a broken nose @Tanny35.
It may be that you have a deviated septum.
Could even be a nasal polyp growing in the sinus passage.
Anything that limits the amount of air you are able to breathe in needs to be investigated.

Reactions: 3 people

Tanny35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have exactly that feeling at the moment @Tanny35 - at the end of the week before last I began to feel low all of the time, and I was testing, testing, testing - all fine.

Then my need for basal insulin suddenly rose dramatically and I realised I'd been going down with something - sinusitis, in fact. Am now just over halfway through a course of antibiotics for it, and I'm still feeling hypo all the time. But actually I'm not hypo - it's just that for me, feeling poorly feels the same as feeling hypo....

And I've felt like this for over a week now - am hoping that the final three days of amoxicillin kick the infection!

Hope you feel better soon, @Tanny35 - sending a virtual hug!

:)

Hope u feel better soon. X

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get this too, for me there are 2 reasons. First is not enough food, if I eat something (even like 1g of carbs) it improves. Second is low blood pressure.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Soak q tips in hydrogen peroxide. Wait for bubbling to stop. Do this 3 x. Day. Amazing

Mia4554

Might be completely unhelpful or unrelated but just incase it helps anyone, I felt hypo all the time (I was rarely low when I tested) and fainted a lot for a few months before my dn suggested I tried cutting out gluten. It's made a huge difference to me in lots of ways do if nothing else helps it may be worth considering. Hope you feel better soon regardless. Xx

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Might be completely unhelpful or unrelated but just incase it helps anyone, I felt hypo all the time (I was rarely low when I tested) and fainted a lot for a few months before my dn suggested I tried cutting out gluten. It's made a huge difference to me in lots of ways do if nothing else helps it may be worth considering. Hope you feel better soon regardless. Xx
Gluten surely doesn't help sinuses either. Not for all but certainly for some. Worth a shot. I haven't eaten it in YEARS

Tanny35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Thank you. I got in to docs tomorrow so will hopefully get sorted. X

Artstruc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After a stressful year my reactive hypoglycemia / false hypos became extreme & sent me down the diabetes path. Already Paleo, going VLCHF & morning fasting got my BSL stabilized until I realized the dawn phenomena was the reaction to fasting stress.
Leg cramps, tight chest & obsessive thoughts upon awakening led me to challenge why cortisol was dumping glycogen from the liver then insulin from the pancreas in a continuous BS battle.
Magnesium [low, with zinc in blood analysis] provided instant relief but very hard to assimilate enough over a long period.
I had presented typical symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue.
Well may LCHF or Keto be denigrated as fad diets. But with all the current bias directed at the obesity / diabetes epidemic it is very hard to filter out a normal diet as a life long skinny living on sugar. Some carbs are necessary to moderate the livers glycogen reserves & preserve adrenal function.
Lots of green leafy vegetables are good but we also need some carbs to provide the prebiotic fibre for a healthy varied gut biome.
I adapted a more frequent, small meal plan. Protein itself, when keto adapted is enough to sugar spike with gluconeogenesis [not glycogenisis]. Kale eggnog or spinach frittata, liver or sardines if I am working. Always preceded by Apple Cider Vinegar & lime juice.

TJR56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for all the advice. :) I tried to get in to the docs this morning but was unsuccessful - but will try and get in this week.
The disorientated feeling is spot on! It's horrible - because it does feel like a constant hypo.
Will see my doc and hopefully they will give me something! Altho usually my doc lets u suffer for around 6 months before doing anything about it Grrrrr

I've felt just like that and after a course of antibiotics and steam inhalation my sense of who I was and where I was came back. It was sinusitis for me, and infections make my blood sugars erratic as well! Good luck!.

BIGck23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone else felt like they're always having a hypo?
I've felt 'odd' for a couple of weeks now. And I'm not just getting the feeling after high bg. (I know that after long periods of highs u can feel hypo on a normal bg.

I get the feeling when my bg is anything between 5 and had it when my bg was recently 15.
Not liking this feeling as I feel like I'm constantly testing bg's suspecting hypo.
The only thing I suspect it may possibly be - is I am suffering with sinusitis at the min. Has anyone else ever suffered with the constant hypo feeling over a few weeks?

Hi, I'm new to the forum so excuse me if I missed an update to this. Did you ever find out what it was? I have the exact same thing happening to me and I also have sinus and ear trouble. I feel hypo symptoms all day long, find myself going into "stare mode / blurry" can't concentrate and I feel generally off balance and not right. A lot of what is being said in this thread resonates and just wondering if you have any advice from your outcome? Thank for any help