Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
good morning, my friends,

I had a lovely morning this warm, sunny south London morning. my fbg was 6.3. I had breakfast of 2 large fried egg sandwiches (devil carbs - I seem totes dependant on them(!!)) which sent my bg up to 11.1. I'm hydrating myself with tap water and sticking to sweeteners in my brew. I've smoked a lot of roll-ups too, not healthy for someone with diabetes, but I really enjoy a cup of tea and a ciggie for I dedicated a poem to it which my day centre published.

have a lovely day and be strong and stay well.

Reactions: 2 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
That would be interesting. Please keep us informed after your islet cell immune test. I wouldnt be surprised.
Many misdiagnosed sufferers.
Is insulin the only support (of course with lchf?) @tina_marie
Hi Vicky , when Ron was diagnosed his hba1c was 138 he also had ketones present. His BG were very high up in the 20s but they never did any other tests to rule out other things , thus the MS if he does have it may have been there all along . He did keep saying he had pins and needles in his arm but no one took any notice . That is one of the signs of MS . As for me thinking he should have been diagnosed as 1.5/ lada he also shows similar signs of that condition. Sorry for late posting but didn't sleep very well last night . Ron didn't have a good night.

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Afternoon, FBG 7.7 mmol/l and 5.9 mmol/l pre dinner injection. Spoke to my DSN today and she is going to propose to the consultant I go on basal/bolus insulin. I will need to do a DAFNE course first I think.:)

Reactions: 9 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening ;). Had a good clear up day at my mum's. Another two/three more days and that should be it. The estate agent can then take internal photos. Next, eBay and a massive car boot sale :rolleyes:. Getting there .... :happy:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
FBG 5.2 mmol/l and pre-dinner injection 7.8 mmol/l. Think I'm hungry too. Dinner time ! :):)

D

debrasue

Another review over and it has been confirmed my hba1c is 44 so in seven months I have managed to lose 50 kilos in weight and drop my hba1c from 138 to 44 thank you one and all for all your help and support you have given me to achieve this you are all my Hero's .
But speaking with my diabetic nurse they say that BG levels below 3 when on metformin is not a hypo and when I collapsed at work with BG at 2 it wasn't a hypo but exhaustion ????
Brilliant HbA1c result, Ron - well done!

Reactions: 5 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Afternoon, FBG 7.7 mmol/l and 5.9 mmol/l pre dinner injection. Spoke to my DSN today and she is going to propose to the consultant I go on basal/bolus insulin. I will need to do a DAFNE course first I think.:)

I went on a DAFNE course in March Eddie lad and I learned so much I felt better equipped to handle everything

They gave me the AccuCheck Aviva Expert meter and it's brill it works out your insulin plus correction doses when you input the carbs you eat each meal into the meter

I would recommend DAFNE to anyone using insulin

It is aimed at type 1 but I was type 2 on a lot of insulin and my diabetic team recommended I go on it

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I went on a DAFNE course in March Eddie lad and I learned so much I felt better equipped to handle everything

They gave me the AccuCheck Aviva Expert meter and it's brill it works out your insulin plus correction doses when you input the carbs you eat each meal into the meter

I would recommend DAFNE to anyone using insulin

It is aimed at type 1 but I was type 2 on a lot of insulin and my diabetic team recommended I go on it

And now I'm type 1 re-diagnosed last month

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning FBG 7.8 mmol/l - not woke up yet, 2nd coffee. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Woke up now after 3 coffees lol. :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
My body clock is doing a merry dance.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning, saw doctor last week cos of pain in toes & fingers, said nerve damage, he gave me Cymbalta, but diabetics news suggested othere tablet before, apparently this Cymbalta is for depression but is also used for nerve damage, I'm not taking them, don't want meds that they use for depression, I'm not deppressd, even if used for nerve damage, hard to stop those things, they get into your system anyone been prescribed this meds? Hope your all well, had couple busy days in London, very stressful,

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning, saw doctor last week cos of pain in toes & fingers, said nerve damage, he gave me Cymbalta, but diabetics news suggested othere tablet before, apparently this Cymbalta is for depression but is also used for nerve damage, I'm not taking them, don't want meds that they use for depression, I'm not deppressd, even if used for nerve damage, hard to stop those things, they get into your system anyone been prescribed this meds? Hope your all well, had couple busy days in London, very stressful,

Hi @maureen5752 Sorry you've been in pain. I don't have any experience of that medication but if you ask about it in Ask A Question you may get more responses from people who have used it or have had similar problems with their toes and fingers.

You could also try using the Search function, but a simple question in Ask A Quetion may be easier to,start with so you can see what responses you get from other people here in a similar situation :)

Reactions: 9 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @maureen5752 Sorry you've been in pain. I don't have any experience of that medication but if you ask about it in Ask A Question you may get more responses from people who have used it or have had similar problems with their toes and fingers.

You could also try using the Search function, but a simple question in Ask A Quetion may be easier to,start with so you can see what responses you get from other people here in a similar situation :)
Thanks for your help, will do. There is a tablet I've heard they use for diabetics, my nurse mentioned it so I'm surprised I was given the meds they did, just saw o. Box it says gastro assistance! Weird, will go on ask question & try next week speak to surgery. Thanks for your help, hope your well

Reactions: 5 people

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Got a sore foot, which is a real pain in the backside. I have morton's neuroma which plagues me from time to time. Will get my exercise today hobbling down to the shops for a few things that are needed and doing a bit in the garden - like picking blackberries, putting tayberries in big big pots, practising putting up my tent and putting in my Winter Solstice potatoes so we can have new potatoes on the shortest day :)