6yr old type1 newbie

weeSarah

My mummy is typing this for me.

My name is Sarah and I live in Erskine in Scotland. I'm not long diagnosed as t1d and am the only person in my school with it so it gets really lonely at times as no one else I know has it. I'd really like to meet local children who are t1d to meet up with and play with. I'm going into P3 when the school goes back so I'll be a big 7 years old. If you'd like to be my friend please message mummy or reply here thank you.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @weeSarah :)

Keep checking back here for replies, and perhaps in the meantime your mum could help you look at posts from other children of a similar age.

Does your DSN know of any other children locally?

It must be hard being the only Type 1 in your school. Just remember that there are lots of Type 1s all around the UK and we understand :)

Carol F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, i'm across the bridge in Duntocher. My 8 year old boy was diagnosed 4 wks ago. Not quite how we planned the first day of the summer holidays, however, we've had the summer hols to get into the new routine. Like you nobody else is diabetic at our school, the teachers will have me in for their first crash course on their in- service day....before the kids go back!...