My Low Carb Ice Cream....Yummy:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I'm waiting for the one female person on this forum over the age of sixty who has been diabetic for a decade who has had a couple three children who perhaps cannot run daily anymore to tell me how they are able to tolerate the stuff. And then, because i am a woman and because I won't put Splenda in my body....

Just sayin

Wow that's a tough set of criteria, but you never know, after all this is a large community:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Blitzie

Those of you that can`t get it, maybe have a word with the manager of the shop & ask them if they would order some in for you, the manager at my local Holland & Barrett orders mine, I just have to ring on a Tuesday before 9am to let her know how many I want.:)

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I went to local Co-Op this morning and Oppo ice cream is on one third off price until 26 July. £3.29 instead of usual price of £4.99. :)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wooo £3.29....I'll have to visit some CoOp shelves:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Those of you that can`t get it, maybe have a word with the manager of the shop & ask them if they would order some in for you, the manager at my local Holland & Barrett orders mine, I just have to ring on a Tuesday before 9am to let her know how many I want.:)

Great advice:)

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
IMG_0165.JPG

I found some lowish ice cream here in Germany at long last and just in time for the next heatwave :-0

It's 14 g carbs per 100g in the chocolate flavor and 12 g in the vanilla flavor, tried some and it's not a spiker!

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
View attachment 19826

I found some lowish ice cream here in Germany at long last and just in time for the next heatwave :-0

It's 14 g carbs per 100g in the chocolate flavor and 12 g in the vanilla flavor, tried some and it's not a spiker!

Good for you...nice with this lovely weather to enjoy a treat:)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh brilliant, we have one near by:)

A sad day for me.. Just got this reply from Waitrose...

"Thanks for contacting us about Oppo ice cream, Mark. I'm sorry you're disappointed not to be able to find it at our Worthing branch.

I'm afraid that due to low demand for this product at our Worthing branch we no longer stock it there. Although we always try to offer a wide range of products in order to give plenty of choice, we do have limited shelf space. Sadly this does mean replacing slower-selling lines, and on occasions such as this we have to disappoint some of our customers.

The nearest branch to Worthing that stocks Oppo is Hove - if you were considering making a journey there, I’d suggest contacting them on 01273 329901 for up-to-date stock information.

I'm sorry I don't have better news. I appreciate that it may not be convenient to travel to Hove so you might wish to try Frank's Diabetic vanilla Ice Cream, which is stocked at Worthing and might be a suitable alternative. If you need any help finding it please feel free to ask one of our Partners - the product code we use for this product is 443122, which will make it easier for them to find."

To which I replied...

"Well I hope you are no longer stocking "Frank's Diabetic Ice Cream" if this news flash is correct

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/About_u...om-today/?_ga=1.239545611.96884436.1469029345

Also the carbohydrate content of that particular item is higher than some tubs of Haagen Daaz Ice cream so would certainly not be in the slightest suitable for this particular Diabetic.
I am surprised to hear that Waitrose is not aware of this new regulation and that you stock such a badly labelled item. Maybe you could take the Frank's rubbish out of the store and replace it with some decent Oppo?"

Let's see what happens...

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A sad day for me.. Just got this reply from Waitrose...

"Thanks for contacting us about Oppo ice cream, Mark. I'm sorry you're disappointed not to be able to find it at our Worthing branch.

I'm afraid that due to low demand for this product at our Worthing branch we no longer stock it there. Although we always try to offer a wide range of products in order to give plenty of choice, we do have limited shelf space. Sadly this does mean replacing slower-selling lines, and on occasions such as this we have to disappoint some of our customers.

The nearest branch to Worthing that stocks Oppo is Hove - if you were considering making a journey there, I’d suggest contacting them on 01273 329901 for up-to-date stock information.

I'm sorry I don't have better news. I appreciate that it may not be convenient to travel to Hove so you might wish to try Frank's Diabetic vanilla Ice Cream, which is stocked at Worthing and might be a suitable alternative. If you need any help finding it please feel free to ask one of our Partners - the product code we use for this product is 443122, which will make it easier for them to find."

To which I replied...

"Well I hope you are no longer stocking "Frank's Diabetic Ice Cream" if this news flash is correct

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/About_u...om-today/?_ga=1.239545611.96884436.1469029345

Also the carbohydrate content of that particular item is higher than some tubs of Haagen Daaz Ice cream so would certainly not be in the slightest suitable for this particular Diabetic.
I am surprised to hear that Waitrose is not aware of this new regulation and that you stock such a badly labelled item. Maybe you could take the Frank's rubbish out of the store and replace it with some decent Oppo?"

Let's see what happens...

Sad news, but well done on your response Mark. I think they've also delisted it from the Cambridge store:)!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling suitably pee'd off that I can;t get Oppo in Worthing I thought I would take 5 minutes to trawl the freezer section at waitrose to see if there were any other sort of low carb ice creams and I found this
http://www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=112493
9.1g of carb per 100g as opposed to Oppo 7.6g but still looks quite good will let you know how it tastes on friday when I next am eating.

Blitzie

Went to asda today & bought Wall`s Soft Scoop Vanilla Light Ice Cream, carbs 7.5 for 2 scoops...100mls, £2 for 1.8ltr, Tastes just like a regular ice cream.