Scan result showed fluid in stomach

fran01

Hi all,

I recently had a stomach scan for another health issue and not related to the diabetes, it showed fluid in the stomach. The radiologist says it is a "mild infiltrate" and concluded this is the insulin for the diabetes as I inject into the belly area. Does this sound right? I thought the insulin travels around the body. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thank you

Katharine

I have never heard of this, but could it not just be that your stomach hadn't completely emptied from your last meal/drink?

fran01

Hi Katharine,

Thank you for your reply. I have just come back from my diabetic check up and asked the nurse the same question, she said the fluid does not stay in the stomach but rather goes into the tissues. The fluid is not related to a meal or drink as I had to do a starve before the CT Scan this was ruled out.

The consultants are trying to resolve another health issue I have besides being a diabetic type 11.

I hope they give me a correct answer and not by saying the fluid showing is due to the insulin as they suggest, I will go back to my GP.

Again, thank you for your response Katherine.

Best Wishes
Fran