Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
6.4 at 0600 today.
I did fast until 7 again yesterday, so I don't know why I wasn't in the 5s again. The only thing I did different was to have Scotch Egg instead of a sausage roll, with salad for supper. Oh, and I had 4 squares of 70% dark chocolate with mango and coconut. I wouldn't have thought that either or both of those would raise my bg that much. Maybe it was just DP.

Reactions: 12 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
5/8/16 - late posting.

5.2 - :)

Reactions: 7 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 at 0600 today.
I did fast until 7 again yesterday, so I don't know why I wasn't in the 5s again. The only thing I did different was to have Scotch Egg instead of a sausage roll, with salad for supper. Oh, and I had 4 squares of 70% dark chocolate with mango and coconut. I wouldn't have thought that either or both of those would raise my bg that much. Maybe it was just DP.
Mango raises me!

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish I could hug you for saying "you deserve a treat". I told myself this, many times - but I can be too hard on myself sometimes. I am glad somebody said that and actually yes, it has been 9 days since my FBG reading is under 5s (except for one day when I was stressed out). I love strawberries and cream, they're delightful. Will get some and bring them to picnic lunch by the river xx
I am the same, we all need encouragement some times... i had hoped to see a bit more improvement by now (or at least tolerate a few more "carbs") but no... seems to be getting worse... felt like giving up today... just to go on meds and be able to eat! I stayed strong and havent given in... just seems like my body wants to live on air (which seems like it could) while suffering me with hunger pains! I wish it would make up its mind... anyway 5.4 this morning. And been in the 7s all afternoon because i had lunch!:bag:

Last edited by a moderator:

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
4.5 at 05:10 am

I am sleepier than other mornings today, feeling like sleeping in ;) cozy weather to continue doing so..

I guess a cuppa soon is a better choice then followed by work, breakie, and exercise. Perhaps working at this quiet hours is the best..

VLCD day 12 :)
Getting used to it. Getting used to weighing my food ingredients, carb sugar calorie counting..

Hoahm...

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
I am the same, we all need encouragement some times... i had hoped to see a bit more improvement by now (or at least tilerate a few more "carbs") but no... seems to be getting worse... felt like giving up today... just to go on meds and ve able to eat! I stayed strong and havent given in... just seems like my body wants to live on air (which seems like it could) while suffering me with hunger pains! I wish it would make up its mind...

I wish you would see improvement soon. I am sure your body will make up its mind. Hope its not too long..

I am semding you love and all the best wishes...

9a043ef6b0be7897747caed2136641bb_thumb.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

ickleowl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People asking my husband how I am, or what is wrong with me. It's my legs that don't work - the mouth & brain are still functioning normally
After starting on insulin 12 years ago (Novo Rapid & Levemir), my morning bs sea-sawed between 4.0 & 12.0, with the odd hypo thrown in for good measure.
About a month ago after explaining the problems I was having finding new injection & testing sites, my DSN put me onto NovoMix twice a day. Since day one, my morning bs has settled to around 5.0, and my highest evening result was 11.03, after an illicit ice cream when we were out on a blisteringly hot day. My weight has steadied, and most of my scars have healed nicely. I'm still having trouble sleeping, but my moods no longer swing like a pendulum and I'm generally feeling a bit more human.
I owe all the posters on this site a great debt of gratitude, as without it, I should have given up before now. I have learned so much from the various articles & forums, thank you so much. Please give yourselves a humongous pat on the back....

dum Spiro spero

Reactions: 4 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today :):):) given I had two generous slices of aubergine and courgette tart (including the crust!) our French host had made us I am amazed!

Reactions: 9 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today

Moving day, from the Costa Tropical to Granada for a couple of days, then Jaen then home to the dreariness.

Reactions: 10 people