Fed Up

clarey123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Feeling fed up since starting my new insulins in July feel like I am fighting a loosing battle now as one month later after starting novorapid and levemir I still cant get the right balance.......

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @clarey123 - going to move your post to type 1 to get more visibility with other type 1's.

Can you give us some more details in regards to your daily regime ?

Big hug, it's always work in progress but it does get better.

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Are you splitting the Levemir? Levemir definitely does not last 24 hours so you need to split your dose in half and take morning and evening.

Have you done the basal testing routine? If not search it on here it's very handy.

You also need to know how many units of fast acting to take for your carbs. The starting point is 1 unit per 10 grams of carb but you need to test.

Also if you are not having much fun with Novorapid get your GP to change you to Humalog or Apidra.

Change one thing at a time and follow improvements. Low carb if you don't already.

Best

Dillinger

clarey123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the reply Juicyj and Dillinger I currently have 16 units of levemir am and 2 units novorapid as when my feet hit the ground blood sugar rises 1-1.5mmols. 1:8 ratio of novorapid breakfast and lunch and 1:10 ratio at dinner and 30 units levemir pm currently seem to have lows around 3-4pm before bed levels are within range but always wake above 10 which is not great. think the levemir is my biggest problem maybe its not right for me.

Reactions: 2 people