Genteel?

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi
Has anyone used the genteel lancing device? My lovely aunt wants to buy me something to help with the diabetes and she's seen this. I don't want her wasting money, but she really wants to do it.
Do I was just wondering if anyone had one?
My finger (yes I seem to use the same one!) is fairly sore.
Thanks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please do not go forward with genteel. First there is cost of delivery, custom and tax.
Second there is no specific advantage of using this device. It's only useful for AST and also very few meter and lancets go with this.
I think freestyle libre is a much better choice and far more a better alternative to the genteel. We had to send ours back and still ending up paying for the postage and lost money.
Regards
Arun Jacob

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank for your reply. I can't afford the libre even if I was bought the started pack I couldn't afford any other sensors. X

JohnJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just received my Genteel, great product, I know can use as AST but I use it on my fingers as normal, no pain or soreness. Yes it is a bit expensive with customs and postage but this is a one off purchase and as I test 4 times a day for rest of my life – good investment. Also great if you have a needle phobia like me!