Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Gingerjan - Quite a lot of Diabetics get higher readings first thing on a morning due to Liver Dump. If you have a snack at supper time of Protein - in theory it's supposed to prevent the Liver Dump occurring! Try having a snack of: Lumps of Cheese, some cooked meats, a plain yoghurt, handful of nuts, boiled egg - but no carbs. Myself, I have 2 or 3 crackers buttered with thick slices of cheese around 11.30pm'ish.

Chris Thailand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.1 this morning as I face the sobering prospect of returning to school for four days of staff meetings after a glorious, if seemingly short, 8 weeks of holidays. Where did it go?
The returning routine will help though; it's much easier to control my diet within a structured day.

Reactions: 10 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
3.6 this morning at 5:15 am.
I will wait few more days before proceeding to the doc and lowering lantus dose.
So far I am alright, having this low reading hasn't affect me much. This feels good.
I remember all the shake and tremble and cold sweat at 5.5 even when I used to have high readings (around 16s).

For those who have just started LCHF, good luck with it. Pairing with exercise it has been helping me tremendously!
Waking up with wonderful FBG level for the last two weeks.
It took me around 6 weeks to achieve this. So yes, very much do-able and proven result.

Have a wonderful happy healthy day everyone.

XXX

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

Diagnosed on Tuesday. Not on meds as I am try to control by diet. Have had a low since then of 7.1 but just tested after breakfast and 10.3. Is this usual when newly diagnosed. Cutting carbs right down and trying the LCHF Diet. Don't think I got a lot of info from Practice Nurse. Thanks
Hi Gingerjan - welcome to the forum! I'm tagging @daisy1, who will send you some information which will help you make sense of all this (apologies if this is a duplication from elsewhere).
Good luck with the LCHF programme - I'm med-free too and it's brilliant once you get into the swing of it. Youll have those numbers down in no time!
Hugs
:)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I'm back from a couple of weeks holiday. No testing & a looser diet (not crazy, but allowing myself some carbs when I want to )
This morning's FBG is 5.6 and I've put on a few pounds. Back to reality!

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I like with mushrooms v yummy. Bean sprouts, cabbage and chicken (also good with prawns)...

Thanks @busydiabeticmum; I just used what was in my fridge - I've learnt my lesson and will stock up on low carb veggies first

However, when I looked the veg up in carbs and cals book the carb count was quite a bit lower than the numbers I found online, so not so bad.

Reactions: 6 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes

Still floored by the virus. Went off in the disabled buggy to walk the dog, fresh air was lovely but exhausting.
I managed three meals yesterday, to build me up, but the consequence is the higher numbers.