Alternative Treatments

Finian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am a Type 2 and I was on medication up to about was six months ago. Because of a series of high results I was
put on Insulin injections. For the past 2 months I have changed my lifestyle including my eating habits and in
particular I have been taking Apple Cider Vinegar and every day. I have only had to take the insulin on approx.
three occasions in the 2 months. I will continue to monitor the situation and hopefully be in a position to be
more conclusive after my next visit to the Clinic in a couple of weeks. If anyone else has experience of ACV
please advise.

Regards,

Finian

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no experience of ACV but have read that it can be helpful in reducing blood sugar numbers, something like a teaspoonful in a tumbler of water. Is that how you prepare yours, or something different?

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
Apple cider. Great. Got drunk on that one night just before a shooting comp. Didn't win.
Apple cider vinegar. Isn't that after the vinegar fly has got at it ?
Still, one man's poison is anothers lifeline.:D

Jasperville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried apple cider vinegar tablets before bed, to bring down the dawn phenomenon, as my BG tends to go up from 6.0 to 9.0 every morning, despite no food.

had a minimal effect for me, but i know there are other posts on various forums here, suggesting some people have had success with it.

MarcoRiveira

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a Type 2 and I was on medication up to about was six months ago. Because of a series of high results I was
put on Insulin injections. For the past 2 months I have changed my lifestyle including my eating habits and in
particular I have been taking Apple Cider Vinegar and every day. I have only had to take the insulin on approx.
three occasions in the 2 months. I will continue to monitor the situation and hopefully be in a position to be
more conclusive after my next visit to the Clinic in a couple of weeks. If anyone else has experience of ACV
please advise.

Regards,

Finian

I take it before bed, 1 tablespoon in a full glass of water. It helps in the morning readings, like 0.3 to 0.5 better, after having a nice small portion of carb "midnight" snacks (toast/butter, peanuts, dark chocolate, etc). Every bit of help is welcome, but everyone's reaction is different. Anyway, apple cider has other benefits. I also take it before going to work. Bragg's Organic acv with the mother.