Finally done my skydive!

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After having my first date cancelled due to bad weather I was finally able to do my skydive today for Diabetes UK. It was one of the most thrilling experiences and something I will never forget. I loved every minute of it and would defiantly go again or even do something a little bit different but just as crazy. If anyone is looking for something to do for diabetes I'd defiantly recommend skydiving as it is very much worth it. I also had video/photos taken which should be arriving soon and I can't wait to see them!
skydive.jpg

Reactions: 13 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done you for the jump and the fundraising :) but I think I'll pass on the invite to try it myself - I'm a feet firmly on the ground type of girl!

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Congratulations and well done Nicola, you are a star :)

8904dea6e7594e40e53c083a48442308.png

Reactions: 8 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Great well done
My niece did a skydive last month and she said that was the most a a zing thing she had ever done

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well done Nicola, what an amazing achievement, I did one for JDRF 2 years ago, was terrified but would definately do it again ;)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A friend of mine learnt to fly along with his wife and during this time his wife got the bug for skydiving, when his wife asked him to join her his response was, and you have to say this in a typical very well to do English gent accent, "Why the bloody hell would you throw yourself out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft!"

Well done Nicola!

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The thought of doing a skydive like your Nicola, really freaks me out, I am not one for heights, but, my dad was a paratrooper in WW11 and at a young age too :wideyed::nailbiting: I have a huge admiration for anyone doing this, especially with diabetes on board !

Reactions: 2 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
After having my first date cancelled due to bad weather I was finally able to do my skydive today for Diabetes UK. It was one of the most thrilling experiences and something I will never forget. I loved every minute of it and would defiantly go again or even do something a little bit different but just as crazy. If anyone is looking for something to do for diabetes I'd defiantly recommend skydiving as it is very much worth it. I also had video/photos taken which should be arriving soon and I can't wait to see them! View attachment 20122

Nicola
A massive congrats from me you should be extremely proud of yourself well done

I once did a bungee jump for charity when I was young and daft
I won't do it again nor a skydive I don't have the bottle to do it lol

Once again Nicola well done I'm well impressed x

Reactions: 2 people

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
You star. 400 jumps later it does not get less exciting.

Do people want a massive skydiving charity day?

I can look into it