Hi There,i'm Barbara Reek

Babs_reek

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When you buy things on line,then they pass on your details,like your phone number,get so many unwanted calls.
Im type 2,been feeling low,now an again,just happened to tell my next door neibour,who is also type 2,he then said to me,drink tonic water,so i did,it works,has anyone else heard of this.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Babs_reek. Heard something similar, but it also involved vodka.:)
If it works then keep drinking, stranger things have proved to make us feel good.
Be interesting if anyone else can report it having the same effect for themselves.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Im type 2,been feeling low,now an again,just happened to tell my next door neibour,who is also type 2,he then said to me,drink tonic water,so i did,it works,has anyone else heard of this.

If you enjoyed it, then there is likely to be no great problem - provided the tonic was slimline. Non-slimline is likely to contain a fair amount of sugar, which for we T2s is usually best avoided.

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I buy slimline tonic with lime, Tesco own brand it has very little effect on me. You can also get soda water with lime that's fine as well!?!?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I suspect it's the placebo effect as there is no easy route - sorry. Just make sure it's diet tonic. Have you reduced the carbs in your diet?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes as I said it has quinine in it and as quinine is in a long list of substances I have to avoid I never touch the stuff..