Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.5 this morning. Feeling a little down after getting news that my sister has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Cannot wrap news around my head.

Reactions: 2 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive been told i dont need to moniter my blood so i dont know if i am doing good or not
I monitor so as to know how i am doing... you can buy your own monitor etc some of us have more than one tester to get an average score... i couldnt cope not knowing between hba1c's nor would i be able to plan meals etc so as to bring down my bgl and so stop diabetes being progressive... is this something else from them to try to keep us needing medicine?

Anyway a 5.2 seems that this new pot of strips is reading higher than the last load. But have tge codefree which overlaps and is showing they arent rising just this batch.

Reactions: 7 people
D

debrasue

5.5 this morning. Feeling a little down after getting news that my sister has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Cannot wrap news around my head.
I'm really sorry to hear about your sister, Keesha - I do hope there is something they can do to help her.
Big hugs...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi all,

First time caller,. Morning reading was 8.9mmol

For the past 4 years, my reading sits between 8.1 to 10.2 in the mornings. We have tried everything to reduce the number. Carbed up, Carbed down, XR meds at night, all meds at night.. Exercise before bed. No exercise.

Nothing changes it. *shrug*
Try a nibble of cheese before bed. It does a liver dump block.
On rising have a creamy coffee or tea before getting into washing/dressing.
Only problem is for people who need to take tablets on an empty stomach on rising. (Less effective meds)
If you can eat immediately on rising it stops the liver dump from giving you raised bgs after rising.
I try to do both but not a regular regime for me due to family commitments.
I'm hoping after my holiday I will be able to cement these excellent tips.
My fbgs would be far better if I did.
This mornings my fbg was 6.3 so if I'd remembered my liver dump block it would have been far lower (e.g 4.3 or 5.3).
I have severe insulin resistance.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope a successful treatment can be accomplished, and soon.
Come for extra support to type 2 life thread. We are here for you!

Reactions: 4 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Ive been told i dont need to moniter my blood so i dont know if i am doing good or not
hi there
as you are new to the forum you may not be aware that people not taking blood glucose lowering meds are not entitled to a BG meter and strips from the NHS-- if you can afford it -- the SG Codefree meter and strips work out the cheapest
your input on this thread is valuable and I hope you will keep posting here and everywhere else on the forum that you may want to talk about / or need some support.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi himtoo i am taking metformin so i am on blood glucose lowering so should i get a moniter
I agree with @himtoo about enjoying posting here.
If you can buy your own meter and strips you will discover a new diabetic you. Youll be surprised what increases your bgs (eg fruit, we some).
There is a discount code i believe and you'll be tax (vat) exempt. @himtoo might have it available? I know if you do a search in forums it has previously been noted. I hope you can start monitoring soon. :)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately Metformin doesn't count as a BG lowering medication, so getting a monitor from your GP might not be easy, but you should try anyway.

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
4.6 at 5 am.
And I am hungry already

I guess breakfast soon

Reactions: 12 people

wylie27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, Wylie27 - welcome to the forum! Tricky problem... But if it can be sorted anywhere I'm sure it can be sorted here... Have you tried a small protein-rich snack before bed? Hugs

Thanks Debrasue,

Yes sorry should have written that. Although I always willing to try it again. I have been having a navel orange before bed and it seems to help, this week i have been 8.5 to 9.2 which is certainly down a little.

Seeing a new Endo in a month, My Brothers Endo (Type II is the family curse) hopefully she will have some ideas.

Reactions: 4 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!