Approved Need Some Input From Type1s Please! :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Completed.

Regards to Q6, it hard to give a rating as things change when you've had diabetes a long time, meaning you might have struggled with say diet/exercising at the start of your diabetes journey but less so now, or it could also be the other-way round............if that makes sense :confused:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Your offer of a free e-booklet might need somewhere to leave an email address. After you hit thank you, there isn't a place for that @DiabeticPanda

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Completed.

Regards to Q6, it hard to give a rating as things change when you've had diabetes a long time, meaning you might have struggled with say diet/exercising at the start of your diabetes journey but less so now, or it could also be the other-way round............if that makes sense :confused:

Yeah I know what you mean I really struggled over the wording of that one so might need to look at it again but thanks for the feedback!

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your offer of a free e-booklet might need somewhere to leave an email address. After you hit thank you, there isn't a place for that @DiabeticPanda

I was ask to remove it if I'm posting on the forum but if you want to PM me your email address I'd be happy to send it over thanks!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yeah I know what you mean I really struggled over the wording of that one so might need to look at it again but thanks for the feedback!

If you do change the question I'd be happy to complete it again :)

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's it done. I wasn't sure about Q6, I read it as 5 being the most difficult and answered - but when I read it again, I saw that it could be taken either way. . . . Maybe that was just me!

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Hi, I have completed the survey. You asked if there were any experiences I could share, I wasn't sure what you are looking for but am happy to answer any Q's in here, ill reply by pm if they might make my mum blush ? ;-)

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks so much for your feedback guys! Really appreciate it!

Might have another look at Q6 and repost but it's been really helpful :D

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I have completed the survey. You asked if there were any experiences I could share, I wasn't sure what you are looking for but am happy to answer any Q's in here, ill reply by pm if they might make my mum blush ? ;-)

@Grumpy ole thing I guess I was looking for any pivotal moments in your diabetic life or things you come across on a daily basis i.e ignorant people that you could share ... feel free to PM away! :)

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Grumpy ole thing I guess I was looking for any pivotal moments in your diabetic life or things you come across on a daily basis i.e ignorant people that you could share ... feel free to PM away! :)

I went on a Dafne course 2 years ago which was amazing. My Dafne lead is one of the few clinicians I would really trust. Some of us "long term members" were sceptical at first, but the course was life changing, so I definitely recommend it. Scary I think is some of the less useful information ive been given in the past, whilst its ok now (still got a couple of marbles left) I do have concerns about of the care I might receive once I am unable to look after myself. Hopefully that's a bit away yet. It still feels like I have to go head to head with DVLA every 3-4 years as it takes them a year to process my application, pharmacists who don't listen "you cant just choose" (re insulin), I'm sure we've all been there ;-)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Done.. But no9 wasn't really answerable by me (did it though) as I'm on top of things, but get let down by pump failures currently and HCP's. So i'm not exactly in a rut of my own accord.. I do things positively, precisely but am let down by things out of my control!!

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Me again! Thank you all so much with the survey ... would anyone of you mind having a go at this one?

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TLD3XVM

:D
Hi
That's done, as per the comments above, not really a problem for any of them, but they're all a bit maddening at times, also, whilst im not entirely on top of everything, im not in a rut either ive recently changed my basal to levemir and that's making quite a difference. x

Reactions: 2 people