Rapid D's??

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Just gone back to combo pump.

Has anybody else noticed that the glue on the rapid d sets appears less sticky?

I got the 6mm and previously had to get the glue off soaking in a bath or spray or olive oil.

Today within an hour the set plaster around the edge is not sticky at all and its alteady peeling off. Am hoping to get something to stick it down with from Boots.

I know its been 2 years since using the combo rapid d sets but the glue on the plaster area just appears less sticky.. Anybody else noticed this?

Last edited by a moderator:

anniehi41

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Pump
Are they all like that? I use Rapid D's too and although I have had odd ones not sticking too well in the main I have had to use Unisolve to prise them off. Maybe you have got a bad batch.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just gone back to combo pump.

Has anybody else noticed that the glue on the rapid d sets appears less sticky?

I got the 6mm and previously had to get the glue off soaking in a bath or spray or olive oil.

Today within an hour the set plaster around the edge is not sticky at all and its alteady peeling off. Am hoping to get something to stick it down with from Boots.

I know its been 2 years since using the combo rapid d sets but the glue on the plaster area just appears less sticky.. Anybody else noticed this?
I've seen people complaining on facebook that the Combo sets from Accucheck have declined in quality. I'm not using so can't comment.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I used to have to soak them off.

I mentioned to tech team today (not moaning) but just literally asking if they had changed the glue... And sent them photo of the set peeling off. Now got two more boxes being sent as replacements and these to be sent back...helps that I have taken photo apparently and raised the issue.

Felt like I'm moaning (again!!) but was genuinely an enquiry whether they had changed the glue. Wasn't expecting them to log it and to swap them etc... Bum is definitely the coolest place in this heat to wear sets.....definitely no impact from sweat.