Fed Up

trudy1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a fall yesterday and have torn my knee. Now have to wear a brace on it and told not to do any exercise. I'm just fed up as been walking 20,000+ steps a day and I go away on Monday to the new forrest. Feeling really down

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear this.
How long did they say you had to rest it?

davecatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My sister teaches Yoga and she's told me about armchair yoga she teaches as recuperation, that might help and help you relax as well.

Reactions: 2 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear that. I also use walking as a way of keeping my blood sugars under control and don't know what would happen if I suddenly couldn't keep it up. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

trudy1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all. Been told to rest it for 4-6weeks. Will definitely look into the armchair exercises as want to stay active as much as I can. I will just have to take it very easy on holiday, we are going with my in laws and my little neices so can't let them down. Got tramadol from the doctors and they make me very sleepy.

eunice61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Seriously, do what they tell you. I tore my left knee three times and ended up with roughened cartilage, which caused the ligaments to catch. I ended up with an operation. Even if it cuts into your walking time, rest your knee. You don't want to be like me, with arthritis in both knees because of those injuries.

trudy1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seriously, do what they tell you. I tore my left knee three times and ended up with roughened cartilage, which caused the ligaments to catch. I ended up with an operation. Even if it cuts into your walking time, rest your knee. You don't want to be like me, with arthritis in both knees because of those injuries.
Thank you so much. I will do as I'm told as I don't want it to get any worse. Thank you again for your help