Fatty Liver

carina62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
miserable weather, rude and bad mannered people
The quality of fat is what's important for fatty liver - Omega 6's fats promote fatty liver whereas Omega 3 and saturated seem to help heal it. Here are a couple of links written specifically for healing fatty liver:

http://hopefulgeranium.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/my-dietary-recommendations-for-liver.html
http://hopefulgeranium.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/fatty-liver-and-its-treatment.html

I have just read the links you've sent me above and was a very interesting read, I really thought that eating fat (especially saturated fat) would be part of the problem with fatty liver. I have cut carbs and sugar right down to help me with weight loss and it does seem to be working for me. I will take note of the info from the links and try and put it into practice as best I can, thanks for that.

Reactions: 3 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I self diagnosed my NAFLD based on ALT test results. A low carb high fat diet seems to have resolved it, based on ALT levels. I ate lots of full fat dairy and red meat and very little carbs (<20 g per day).

Reactions: 2 people

carina62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
miserable weather, rude and bad mannered people
I self diagnosed my NAFLD based on ALT test results. A low carb high fat diet seems to have resolved it, based on ALT levels. I ate lots of full fat dairy and red meat and very little carbs (<20 g per day).

Can you please give me an idea of what you ate? I am going low carb and think I will stick with this as it seems to working for my weight loss and BS levels but I need to address my fatty liver too. Thanks

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok Im a poster child for this condition. Always had normal tests. This worked for me but i cant say it will Work for you.
Cut sugar, limit dairy, add good fats (avocado, olive oil and fatty fish), cut refined carbs, lots of veggies and fruit (2 pieces max if you can tolerate them). Re-do tests in six months (They should still be normal but lower, I went from 32 to 16 on the ALT test) or ask for private ultrasound (about 200 pounds) if you cant get it on nhs. I havé to be very careful with fat because i have gallbladder issues (which i Will need to deal with soon....) . It took me six months to lose 17 kilos and fatty liver is minimal now and chloestrol has Gone from 7 to 5 (still high but better). I cant do full fat dairy, red meat and fatty meat, triggers gallbladder attacks. BUT i can do avocado fish and olive oil! Everyone is diffferent

Reactions: 2 people

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
The thing about LCHF is that you need to figure out how much fat you can tolerate. I cant go HF but medium fat is ok. Im insulin resistant with hyperinsulinism and RH to a lesser degree. Im not diabetic or pre diabetic. My stage is before pre diabetes but i need to control it now. And yes, a fatty liver is not good but its reversible. By losing 17 kilos, mine is better and nearly healed. Im in Switzerland so very good health care (like private in UK) and therefore monitored very closely. Hope this helps

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I avoid milk, eggs ok, and only low fat cheese but due to gallbladder

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Nosher s experience is similar to mine, he was fortunate enough to have a great endo!! Finally, add exercise to the mix, really helps with metabolic conditions