Can The Active Insulin Be Reset On A 640g

monski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I changed my set today, as it turns out the cannula didn't actually penetrate the skin. I discovered this when I decided to change it again with a blood reading of 21.
I had been taking readings which had continually increased and I thought enough was enough and the correction bolus was doing nothing.
So my machine now thinks I have 14units of active insulin where I only have 7.
Can the amount be reset?

Reactions: 2 people

monski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
06c68bf788f79cb719123568dd2a56ac_thumb.jpg
this was the cannula.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most of the people on this forum are UK based - so it's probably a really bad time to get many responses to your query. I hope someone comes along soon. Maybe there's an online manual for the pump you use that may help you?

monski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It was just something I wondered in the early hours of a night shift.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
THis is what the manual says:

You can clear your active insulin only once. After you clear your active insulin, the feature is no longer available.

1. Go to the Manage Settings screen. Menu > Utilities > Manage Settings
2. Simultaneously press and hold the right arrow and back button until the Manage Settings menu appears. The Manage Settings screen appears. If you have never cleared your active insulin, the Clear Active Insulin option appears.

Note: If the Clear Active Insulin selection does not appear on the Manage Settings screen, it means that you have already cleared your active insulin on the pump.

3. Select Clear Active Insulin. A confirmation screen appears asking if you want to continue.

4. Select Clear to clear your active insulin value from your pump. If you do not want to clear your active insulin at this time, select Cancel.

A message appears confirming that your active insulin value is cleared.

paulliljeros

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
An interesting question, and I had exactly the same question for Animas Vibe over the weekend .... For anyone interested, Animas stated it is NOT possible to reset the IOB information on the Vibe pump.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
An interesting question, and I had exactly the same question for Animas Vibe over the weekend .... For anyone interested, Animas stated it is NOT possible to reset the IOB information on the Vibe pump.
It is because all you do is remove the battery, then the active insulin or IOB is removed

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
06c68bf788f79cb719123568dd2a56ac_thumb.jpg
this was the cannula.

If it becomes a frequent thing, look into what other cannula's are available, mine suddenly after months of using them started doing this so I switched to a steel one and never had any probs :)

monski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If it becomes a frequent thing, look into what other cannula's are available, mine suddenly after months of using them started doing this so I switched to a steel one and never had any probs :)

Thinking about it, this isn't the first time I've had problems with the insertion of the cannula.
Perhaps I'll look at the steel ones.
Thanks.

gem09

Whats the name of the steel cannula?