Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

GeorgeWBaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.7 Yesterday, down to 4.4 today at 6.45am.

I'm not 91, I'm an 18 year old with 73 years experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I expect I've got stores for about ten people
To get rid of it i stopped eating carbs and protein!!! Bloody hard to do (excuse the language) but, once done it i could eat protein and some carbs again without too much problem, i got down to 3.2 a couple of times but never went lower than that. It is hard though...

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It takes time for the liver to get rid of all its stored "energy" once it has gone you will get lower dumps to keep a steady bgl... stay strong! That is a long time but it does take a while depending on how much of a store you have!
If you're eating carbs in none fasting times then you are still feeding your liver. No carb/low carb and fasting if your aim is to do a liver tonic. (Lower fasting blood glucose level).
Most people do no carb/low carb first to get lower fbgs. IF is to help lose weight mainly.
I hope that helps. @Debmcgee :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I expect I've got stores for about ten people
It can take more than 6wks for some to see lowrr fbgs when they reduce their carb intake alone. IF only temporarily lowers fbgs as a side affect of low calorie diet.

Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks Debrasue,

Yes sorry should have written that. Although I always willing to try it again. I have been having a navel orange before bed and it seems to help, this week i have been 8.5 to 9.2 which is certainly down a little.

Seeing a new Endo in a month, My Brothers Endo (Type II is the family curse) hopefully she will have some ideas.
@wylie27 welcome.
Do you eat low carb during the day? Ive seen success in others and myself on at least 6 weeks of low carb eating with a protein snack (small) before bed.
The low carb diet is a long term plan but is needed to detox your liver. Carbs cause raised bgs, at anytime. Accumulative carb eating causes raised fbgs.
I hope this helps. Endos wouldnt advocate low carb eating just more meds. Even dieticians oppose. Don't go too low carb but lower than you are now. V

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes

I had a large bag of crisps as a treat. Some treat indeed, must stop mistreating myself.

Reactions: 7 people