Back To The Beginning...

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

So here I am at 90KG and BGs of 20+, walking the walk of shame, back to the beginning, looking for some accountability and support. To be active in the forum is certainly something that truly helps with keeping on track... so I'm back.

It is so depressing to be back to square 1...

Cheers!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Welcome back @mehhh2015 we all fall off the wagon at some time so you know that you will receive empathy as well as encouragement and support. Look forward to reading your posts. Best wishes

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I screwed that reply up! Anyway, no walk of shame, it doesnt exist here. Focus on the here and now, that's what's important x

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@mehhh2015 It's very easy once we have got our levels down to relax and think that's it. Truth be told we will always need to be vigilant and control our diet and BG, I do not know that this is what has happened in your case if so then you are not back to square one as you know what needs to be done to get back to where you where and this time stay there. No shame involved we don't do blame or shame, diabetes is an illness that can involve periods of remission and relapse that is no fault of yours it's just a fact of life.

Best of luck John

Reactions: 6 people

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You are exactly where I found myself 4 months ago. How did that happen? Oh yeah I know how it happened and like you, back in the saddle. Welcome, we can do this :);)

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Handling our condition(s) is more like flying in a hot air balloon than Concorde , progress is seldom in a straight line.

Reactions: 4 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back :) learn from the past and look to the future .. you have a new day .. a new start .. log your progress here and together we can get you back on track ... its all about taking control..

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys, many thanks...

So basically a lot has happened...

Of course I derailed from the path of low carbing (as I always do) but there is the added problem to be back to taking a psychiatric medicine that increases my insulin resistance and makes me eternally hungry and sluggish and makes me put on weight dramatically and makes losing it very difficult, when on it losing weight is almost impossible.

But in all fairness, I stayed well in the normal range until not so long ago, the numbers only creeped up ugly at some point over the last month and I wasn't really aware that they were that bad since the last couple of times I did my BGs they were in the normal range, I got used to see my 6's as normal and therefore stopped taking BGs readings as rigourously.

Now, do I know how to dramatically bring down my BG's to normal range? Short answer, yes. Well I have done it in the past without the other medicine interfering.

BUT, do I feel like low carbing as rigidly as I used to?... well... no :( .

And it annoys me because I want to but I just keep starting and stopping it... I have been in such a good place in every other sense that I find it hard to believe that my BGs are now as high as they are and basically screwing everything up by being terribly bad, and my need for carby food simply doesn't want to go away.

So there it is, more or less what has happened...

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back @mehhh2015
How can we encourage and support you?

To be active in the forum was a big part of me taking control of my numbers, in a way been here helps you to think constantly about how do you manage your food and your numbers, company during the journey is good :)

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@mehhh2015 It's very easy once we have got our levels down to relax and think that's it. Truth be told we will always need to be vigilant and control our diet and BG, I do not know that this is what has happened in your case if so then you are not back to square one as you know what needs to be done to get back to where you where and this time stay there. No shame involved we don't do blame or shame, diabetes is an illness that can involve periods of remission and relapse that is no fault of yours it's just a fact of life.

Best of luck John

You are totally right, although I have always been aware that eventually if I don't stick to the diet I will have problems, but I didn't think it was going to be this bad with BGs in the 20s again :s

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are exactly where I found myself 4 months ago. How did that happen? Oh yeah I know how it happened and like you, back in the saddle. Welcome, we can do this :);)

Yeah, Of course we know what happened... back in the saddle... well that is the bit that I am fighting with at the moment, as it is not like the first time I go my numbers down, the added problem of the psychiatric medicine makes a massive difference :(

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back :) learn from the past and look to the future .. you have a new day .. a new start .. log your progress here and together we can get you back on track ... its all about taking control..

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Looking at your stats you are ahead of where you started last time, you have this group of friends and you know what you have to do. If the medication is a problem have you asked if there is an alternative? Today is a new day and we all start it back at the beginning, so dust off that meter, put on a smile and take control of this aspect of your life again. Together we can do it.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yeah, Of course we know what happened... back in the saddle... well that is the bit that I am fighting with at the moment, as it is not like the first time I go my numbers down, the added problem of the psychiatric medicine makes a massive difference :(
No, it is not like the first time at all for me either. I am struggling to get my numbers and my weight down and that is with medication. Metformin and forxiga. 11 years ago I went low carb and boom, perfect numbers, weight falling off, easy peasy. Not this time. The numbers are slooooooowly falling and the weight is coming off but 20 lbs in 4 months is not exactly lightning speed. I am very sorry you are struggling and I do understand that it is a struggle, and it sucks BIG TIME. I hope it gets better for you soon.