Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Keeping it light at the moment:
B: nuts and yogurt
L: celery, avocado, olives and sauerkraut dripping rapeseed oil.
D: haddock coated in ground almonds, fried in butter, broccoli and peas.... lovely fish it was.

Reactions: 4 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today nothing yet! Only eating every 24hours...
Last night salad (didnt eat it all because it was frozen! (Dont ask the fridge becama a freezer)) tiramasalata, baby bell cheese (1), stuffed peppers (mince meat, harisa, egg, bread crumbs! Tomato puree, raz al hanoot, salt and pepper) half green and half red topped with cheese. Then chocolate (85%) with some blueberries and rasberries (but kids took most of them)

Still hungry so had a packet od quavers, 4 rosemary crackers and some more tiramasalata.

Bgl before food 5.7 then after was 5.4 (go figure!)

Today looking to get a nice salad and NOT put it in the fridge, i am thinking of mushrooms and fancy some fish so going to invent a new dish around that.

For the family i did chicken and olive soup (chicken potato carrot and olives...simple)

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Swiss sausage salad.

Strips of smoked pork sausage, cut from a ring typically from Lidl, swiss cheese, spanish onion, which is mild and cut thinly and I also add some diced pickled gerkhin. I use a very mild salad dressing with only a little oil and almost no vinegar. I get the sharpness from the gerkhin. Cheap, quick and easy to do and no carbs to worry about.

2016-03-29_56fa26a64977c_SchweizerWurstsalat.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
Okay, here it goes :)

For breakie I had: 2 soft poached eggs and 100 gr of sausage (super yummy)

Lunch: oyster mushroom, button mushroom and egg-plant seasoned with a dash of olive and sesame oil, dried basil, leaves, salt-pepper and dried chili. I steamed the egg-plant first (for 3 mins) to ensure that it won't go dry before mixing it with other ingredients and spices. Wrap with aluminium foil and 10 mins in the oven. Voila!

Drink: infused ginger, kaffir lime leaves, lemon and 2 crushed strawberries with icy cold soda water. On my wine glass.

**Sorry no photos, all gone before remembering to take a picture! :nailbiting:

Dinner - is still a mystery, but for sure will be low carb :D

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Meter reading this morning................................5.5
Breakfast = 2 slices of toast with marg and jam followed by a 2 1/2 mile walk
meter reading 2 hrs on........................................5.2
Dinner = 2 x quarter pounder burgers, 3 x large bratwurst sausages, portion of shredded lettuce and a dollop of greek yoghurt followed by 1/2 hour on treadmill and a walk to town and back (3 miles)
meter reading 2hrs on..........................................5.4
Tea will be pasta with cheese sauce and bacon sprinkled on top.

Amazing how your reading is low after these beautiful meals.
Share me some secrets, please :)

Reactions: SamA

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Today's breakfast: 2 small pieces of leftover stuffed zucchini from the dinner yesterday

Snack: fresh crunchy yummy cucumber :)

Lunch: simple veg soup and grilled chicken breast (now time for a short hop on treadmill before lazying around watching a Denzel Washington movie)

Dinner: something with tofu, maybe..

Lots and lots of water as always, some sparkling water too and my turmeric elixir!

Hellrazor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast poached egg x2 on wholemeal bread toasted ,Lunch Ham salad sandwich on Wholemeal bread >now it goes out of the window Evening Chicken tikka kebab loads of salad but not sure the pitta bread was any good for me. But im self managed running at 6.1 at the moment so must be doing something right

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yesterday I had.

Drinks
Cream in coffee
Very weak apple and blackcurrant juice and a pint of cold water.
Coffee with semi skimmed milk 25ml

Veg stir-fry in butter and cheddar melted cheese.
Brussel sprouts, cauliflour and broccoli

4 chicken dippers with half batter removed dipped in mayonaise

Cabatta bread roll thickened with butter.

2 scoops of Neapolitan ice cream to help with liver dump. (It worked)

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have always been one to 'eat with the seasons' and it now seems a difficult period has arrived with all those 'healthy' foods being harvested.
I have hardly eaten any apples since diagnosis, but am sure I will start again now the new season is here.
Last night I cooked a corn-on-the-cob to go with 1 small new potato, a grilled gammon steak and mushrooms in garlic butter. BS after 2 hours was 6.9, and this morning on waking 7.3 (thanks liver) According to myfitnesspal a corn has 38g of carbs, is that right? I haven't eaten today, and hope to hold off until 7.30pm but BS just now was 5.9

Are there any other natural foods about to be harvested that i should be wary of? Seems winter is easiest time to eat when the only fresh food available is fish or meat. Having Pork with my beef doesnt affect my sugars!

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This has been one of the most inspirational and rather mouth watering discussions of the forum.
Right, today I had:

Breakie: smoked fish (50gr) and 100 gr of silken tofu, a cup of English breakfast tea with a dash of soya milk
Lunch: 1 bun of my homemade almond meal bread with garlic cheese spread
Dinner: rib eye steak (100 gr), green cabbage with creamy sauce, lots of water as always to accompany each meal.
(I have been having my dinner at 4 pm or before 5 pm these days - to avoid highs right before bed, as I am not taking anymore meal time insulin. So this gives my body time to proceed the sugar. I also do at least 30 mins treadmill. Seems to work out on many days. But there are also time when my body said "naaaaaaay").

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Savoury almond pancake, tuna mayo and some feta cheese. Coffee with lactofree milk.

davecatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had 2 egg omelette with grated cheese all done in a mug in work. Go to work on an egg :D

paganlass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
nhs. religion for the sake of it.
Breakfast : 1 scrambled egg
Lunch: chicken breast in homemade tomatoes and onion sauce with green beans.
Dinner: chicken tikka masala with cauliflower rice. 2 tablespoons of Ff greek
Yoghurt with mixed berries.

Bluebell_GB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ostrich steak and roasted Red pepper, red onion, courgette and mushrooms on a bed of spinach. Lovely.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
been a bit bad today still trying to find my feet anyway
2 boiled egg on bread rolls
4 rashers of grilled bacon on bread rolls
salmon brown rice with a bit of salad
and some red grapes

thats it till sat

Hellrazor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast 2 slices of toast wholemeal and a bannana .Lunch Mediteranian style chicken salad natural yogurt . Evening meal cold Pork with fat /grissle cut way and salad

eunice61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm feeling very virtuous! I made spaghetti bolognaise for dinner/lunch today. To begin with, I didn't use a pre-made sauce as I would have done before. And while I made spaghetti for my husband, I made courgette "spaghetti" for me. My daughter had given me a spiraliser for Christmas and I'd only used it once. Looks like it's going to get more use now!

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had bologna, onion, tomato, carrot, sugar snap pea, and green bean sautee with a whole wheat bagelthin and cream cheese for breakfast. Too much junk for lunch, and am now eating some homemade soup with mini tortilla chips for supper.

Yorkypud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New to all this....just a 7weeks in
Breakfast....Handfull of Fruit and fibre, splash of milk
Lunch..... Out for a walk picnic with family...a nice chicken salad with 2 tbsp of light mayo followed by a hike up a seemingly endless hill
Dinner.....Turkey mince bolognese (lots of veg) with courgetti (made for the first time)..highly recommend,

Reactions: 4 people

Hellrazor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Naughty day to day extra 10 miles on the bike to pay my pennance. Breakfast toast Seeded batch,Lunch mediteranean chicken salad,Evenning spag bol