What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6th 24hr fast. I'm really missing bacon and scrambled eggs!!

D: roast chicken, cauli and broccoli cheese. Water and a third chunk of Lindt 85%

JenniferG

Breakfast: Modified English Breakfast (Ketongic / above).
Supper: Very large green salad with 2 tbsp of olive oil and lots of white vinegar for dressing. 1.5 oz of crumbled blue cheese. 9 Kalamata olives.. some diced charcuterie sausage.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Supposed to be a Fasr Day, but i completely forgot! Lol

B: cinnamon crunch and not-coffee
L: nothing
S: lc baked strawberry cheesecake :wacky:
D: chicken thighs in tikka masala paste with added butter. Lots of. Broccoli sprouts, sugarsnaps, baby carrots, baby corn.

Fancy a bit of chocolate now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
D

debrasue

B: Nothing - got sidetracked and ran out of time!
L: Sliced turkey, mozarella and mixed leaves; small slice of low-carb, sugar-free Prune & Amaretto cheesecake :hungry:
D: Chicken, cauliflower, peas, carrots and cabbage; another small slice of cheesecake - (the rest's going to have to go in the freezer to keep me off it!!!)
:wacky:

JenniferG

I had only one meal today, breakfast: Broccoli & Spam loaded Frittata.
Finely chopped broccoli fried with spam (processed pork) in 2 tbsp of butter until browned a bit. Added 6 eggs and scrambled.. when almost done I let set into an omelette/frittata... instead of finishing off under the broiler (grill) I did a one handed pan flip and finished off on stove.. got lucky and it landed nicely :) Turned off heat and let the bottom set while topping with shredded cheddar.. put lid on for a minute.. half went to my BG other half to me.. I topped mine with 2 tbsp of sour cream (creme fraiche works nice as well).

JenniferG

breakfast: grilled (broiled) then stuffed portabella mushrooms.

1) preheated broiler to 500F for 5 mins.
2) put inverted portabella caps on broil/grill pan and topped with 1 tbsp olive oil each & sprinkled salt.
3) broiled/grilled for 4 minutes under 500F. (3 mins if really close to the elements/gas)
4) took out of broiler and added .25 oz of pistachio nuts and .75 oz of crumbled feta cheese
5) returned to broiler and broiled/grilled for 3 more minutes (or 2 mins if really close to elements/gas)
6) garnished with finely sliced scallion rings.

Was delicious :) This is a regular dish.

JenniferG

Lunch: Broccoli stuffed English Style 100% stove top frittata.
(did the flip thing instead of finishing off the top half in grill / broiler.)

1) chopped up one head of broccoli, somewhat fine but not minced.
2) diced up some ham (or canadian bacon, bacon, or favorite processed meat).
3) diced up some mushrooms (three).
4) threw all that in fry pan with 2 tbsp grass fed butter (Kerrygold)
4.5) fried a bit then added 6 halved yellow cherry tomatoes and continued to fry.
5) fried until browned, then took out of pan and set aside
6) whisked up 6 eggs
7) melted 1/2 tbsp more of butter pan.
8) threw in eggs and started to scramble -- added appropriate amount of salt.. in this case 1/4 tsp.
9) immediately threw in the broc/mushroom/meat mix
10) stirred in well getting most of the egg cooked then smoothed out.
11) fried until bottom set to where I could do the one handed flip thingy (about 15 more sec)
12) successfully flipped then turned of the burner... topped with the shredded cheese & feta, put lid over for about 30 sec
13) the bottom finished setting on its own in the hot pan with burner off.. then sliced in half in pan with wooden spatula
14) dished two plates.. topped with dollup sour cream (or creme fraiche), and garnished with thinly sliced scallion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Broke 72 hour fast with three ribs (home cooked). Not going crazy just in case my tum can't handle a big influx of food....would love some avocado and bacon later tho....!!

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
B: bacon, egg, avocado
L: mc d cheeseburger sans bun
D: slow cooked ribs with homemade low carb bbq sauce.

Today:
D: pork belly slices with coleslaw. Whipped cream planned for later but I'm too stuffed right now!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon and egg. Sausage went to the dogs :)
L: baked low carb strawberry cheesecake
D: chicken breast with cauli cheese, broccoli and asparagus
S: 8 squares of milk choc chocologic throughout the day

datkins65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
not having enough time, television,
1 egg white spinach omelet with 1/2 slice of Swiss cheese and mushrooms; Earl Grey
8 oz spring water
3 oz tuna grilled with large green leafy salad; Green tea
8 oz spring water X 2
1 Peach
3 oz grilled salmon steak with light dill sauce, 1 cup asparagus, 1/2 avocado & tomato salad; Green tea

Planned snack: pear

holdfast

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Government regulation
Raining ️ and miserable here in paradise had scrambled egg, had the "low blue depressed" feeling of having it now for weeks for blast, so didn't finish my meal. Sulking for hours for nothing. Mood swings like crazy now sitting in front my computer eating frozen chocolate yoghurt sweetened with Stevia. Feeling good

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum
Try spiking up scrambled egg with a sprinkling of finely chopped green chilli when served! Not for everyone, but I really like it.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon and egg
L: pork scratchings babybel
D: ribs, coleslaw.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Breakfast was Cheddar Almond Flour mug biscuits, fried in mayo and cheesy topped. Not had them in a while and they sustained me most of the day. Started cooking the dinner about 2pm so kinda forgot to eat. Just done a Blanquette of pork and to celebrate a 5.4 today, I even had a couple of boiled spuds.
353f277c57031197d22e77ebfc504c89_thumb.jpg

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Fried Egg, Bacon., Chipolata, Tomato, Coffee with Cream
L: Pate, Pickled Onion, Gerkin, Plum Tomato, 2xCream Cracker
D: Duck Leg, Celeriac Dauphinoise, Green Beans, Brocolli, Asparagus
Some Cava to celebrate DS2 passing his driving test, some more Cava to celebrate HID getting new job, then a nice bottle of Shiraz....
Maybe some 85% later, or Strawbs with Cream depending on the mood at the time...

D

debrasue

Raining ️ and miserable here in paradise had scrambled egg, had the "low blue depressed" feeling of having it now for weeks for blast, so didn't finish my meal. Sulking for hours for nothing. Mood swings like crazy now sitting in front my computer eating frozen chocolate yoghurt sweetened with Stevia. Feeling good

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum
Hindsight's a wonderful thing - I guess this mood was due to your hormones being all over the place in the first couple of weeks of your pregnancy! :D