Getting the will to fast

hornplayer

I made it to 24 hours then had dinner with my father. Lots of chopped up vegetables with pan fried sea bass and mayo. It was lovely. Same tomorrow, another 24 hours.

hornplayer

I did just over 23 hours today. I thought I'd better eat then rather than the 24 hrs or I'll be eating an hour later every night lol. I didn't have any problems today, even survived a Tesco shop without being tempted and that doesn't often happen! Lol. I could have quite happily carried on fasting to be honest, but I want to get myself properly in ketosis before I try to go longer. I have two weeks before I have to go back to school. My aim is to be settled and happily eating no more than once a day by then. I've got so much on in September. Gigs and lots of travelling on top of teaching all day, 18+ hour days. I'm going to need energy. I'm hopeful though, that this will work for me. I feel great and I'm really finding not eating loads easier than trying to stick to a "diet". If weight comes off too, I will be on cloud nine.

Reactions: 2 people

Canadian_cousin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That's fascinating that the bacon helped you to get deeper into ketosis then just fasting! Would you call that a fat bomb? There are a ton of recipes for them on the net, little sweet treats, all fat, chocolate, and sweetened with artificial sweeteners . But the sweeteners can really raise your insulin, even if it doesn't raise your blood glucose.Maybe the bacon works the same way. Any opinions?

There are still several things I haven't wrapped my head around, and don't know whether I could stand to do some of the things. For example, the concept of bulletproof coffee, where people put coconut oil, butter, and even olive oil in coffee in the morning. Gross!! And I still don't know whether I should be calculating netcarbs or just ignore that concept.

Canadian_cousin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Fung has a chapter on refeeding after fasting, and how to go about it, and what happened to people on starvation diets. I'm not sure if that part was included in the blogs he created first, but look for

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's fascinating that the bacon helped you to get deeper into ketosis then just fasting! Would you call that a fat bomb? There are a ton of recipes for them on the net, little sweet treats, all fat, chocolate, and sweetened with artificial sweeteners . But the sweeteners can really raise your insulin, even if it doesn't raise your blood glucose.Maybe the bacon works the same way. Any opinions?

There are still several things I haven't wrapped my head around, and don't know whether I could stand to do some of the things. For example, the concept of bulletproof coffee, where people put coconut oil, butter, and even olive oil in coffee in the morning. Gross!! And I still don't know whether I should be calculating netcarbs or just ignore that concept.
Well just taken my ketone reading for today and its gone down to 0.6 yesterday I had a few bits of cheese and a bacon, chorizo and cheese pizza last night (bacon lattice was the base) FBG this morning also up at 6 and I have gained 1.4 pounds. Confused. Doing lunch for mother today so will have lamb on the BBQ with some green veg.. let's see what tomorrow morning brings..
Its not easy this stuff...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oo you have just reminded me I put some coconut oil in my coffee yesterday.. can that be the reason. Taste is very mild even if you eat it straight from the jar (had to try it...).