Type 1 How Much Diet Fizzy Drinks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tesco do some with no carbs at all and they are quite tasty. You wouldn't know there was no sugar in them.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For me they are a treat, say 2-3 times a week. I make an exception for English Sparkling Wine, Cremant, or Champagne

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably the only the thing to keep an eye on would be how much caffeine is in the drink. I found, for instance, that too much coke zero would give me problems in getting to sleep.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Those artificial sweeteners do a number on me. I like just seltzer, sparkling water with a lemon or lime

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
How many diet fizzy drinks I'm I allowed please

Depends who you listen to. Certainly in terms of carbs you can find drinks with zero or very low.

The issue under debate is the sweetners.....do they/don't they continue to feed the addictive centre of your brain, do they/don't they affect your gut micro biome?

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Even diet fizzy drinks can affect the teeth, so I wouldn't drink too much of them.

Lizzie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I gave up diet fizzy drinks way back in September last year. I stick with water/decaf tea/decaf coffee and if I want something fizzy I have sparkling water with a chunk of lime in it. Have to say, it isn't quite the same (ha!) as the Caffeine free Diet Coke I used to love but I'm used used to it now. I felt that was liking it too much and I didn't think it was good for me