Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 5.1 at 0600 today.
After virtually zero carbs yesterday, only some peri peri chicken, salami, cheese and peanuts. (Atonement for the beer, pie and chips the previous night).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
6.7 this morning

Reactions: 12 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today and had a slice of that black forest gateux for breakfast... i will pay dearly but have nothing else as havent been able to shop!

Reactions: 9 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 at 7 am

Morning sickness at peak..
Appetite has disappeared somewhere. I try to eat.

Today will be a long day
Morning sickness is the worst... look out for smells that will set you off as your sense is heightened and more sensitive, tea and sucking sweets (sugar free swiss ones are good) helped me but every woman is different. Your bgl are still really good, so just hang on in there!

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
22/8/16 - Morning.

7.3 (that was at 8.50am)

Reactions: 10 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

4.6 for me today, seems last night desert fo Franks diabetic ice cream and an experimental chocolate sauce made by grinding Splendour 2:1 with cocoa powder and whipping into double cream didn't too much harm :happy:

Reactions: 3 people

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.1 this morning. No idea if eating hummus and carrots for snacks plus a small handful of roasted peanuts has anything to do with the steady blood sugar. No more digestive biscuits for snacks, maybe once in a blue moon.

Reactions: 7 people

juliagc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise
Hi, my name is Julia, I am new in this community and new with all the measurements. I have only measured 3 days, and it has been consistent in the 8, 8.3, 8.8. Before I go to bed is under 7.00. Is that normal?

Reactions: 12 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
Morning sickness is the worst... look out for smells that will set you off as your sense is heightened and more sensitive, tea and sucking sweets (sugar free swiss ones are good) helped me but every woman is different. Your bgl are still really good, so just hang on in there!

Yes, found the Swiss sweet. Trying to be careful not to have too much as they have laxative effect, lol.

Yesterday was definitely one of the worst days. But I am hanging in there. Telling myself it will past. Oh joy of pregnancy, right?

Thanks for the lovely message @busydiabeticmum :) reading it has made me feel loved and supported. Xx

Reactions: 2 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
4.9 at 5.48 am
Went for a hot bath right after waking up, trying to suppress the horror of morning sickness..

Now having a cuppa hot ginger tea, omelet and low carb Choco jello. Eating slowly, slower than the movement of a snail ;)

But I am determined to have a better day than yesterday, so no matter how slow, I will keep eating.

For fun, I will tell you that I have been sitting for almost 2 hours trying to finish the two eggs omelet LOL

Back to bed soon :/

If anyone has any funny movies to watch to let the day pass quicker, gimme a shout xxxx

Reactions: 5 people