50 Pounds Lost In 3 Months Since Dietary Change

JenniferG

Just weighed myself today and I'm 372, down from 422 lb on May 9th. 50 pounds lost in 3 months!

Also, in the past 3 months I went from an A1C of 9 to 11% (for several years) to an A1C of 5.9%, regained half the feeling back in my limbs. Blood pressure dropped from 140/80 to 110/60. Pulse down from 96 to mid 80's. Dropped all insulin (injected 120 units a day) and dropped Metformin (all it did was give me diarrhea.. no changes in blood sugar). Triglycerides down from over 300 to 167. HDL up from 44 to 49. Triglycerides/HDL ratio is now around 3 instead of 6.

Lifelong dietary change: Low Carb High Fat Ketogenic with Intermittent Fasting -- yeah I need this aggressive of a diet because of my insanely high carb intolerance, but it doesn't seem aggressive to me anymore because I quite enjoy it now, feeling liberated from food and never hungry nor have any cravings. Continuing to lose weight. How low will I get? We'll find out! :)

Fasting blood sugar 115 mg/dL (6.4 mmol/L) .. hopefully this will continue to improve as I lose 14 more stone.

Last edited by a moderator:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Well done @JenniferG , good luck achieving you goal, don't give up now.

Reactions: 3 people

JenniferG

Okay weight loss is finally tapering off.. took 2 days to lose another pound instead of one :) 51 pounds lost total.

I'll quit replying to this thread once I hit a plateau :) Last plateau I hit was 3 weeks long and I even gained like 6 pounds of water and held it for weeks :) But again I peed out like 16 pounds of water in what like last 10 days?

Reactions: 2 people

JenniferG

Spoke too soon about it tapering off..

Wow, I just peed out over 2 1/2 pounds of water just now. I'm at 369 lb now (goal achieved next is 359 lb). For 53 pounds lost since May 9th.

Crazy. I don't feel dehydrated either and the urine wasn't that dark considering how much I just peed out. I do drink a lot of water and consume enough salt to stay hydrated as well. And I check blood pressure regularly.

Been losing 1 pound per day steadily since around 10 days ago. Actually the first few couple of days returning to intermittent fast just 10 days ago, I peed out several pounds.

All this after 3 weeks of no weight loss. Like on July 14th I was down to 380 pounds. And around 11 days ago I was up to 387 pounds. Then in past 10 days went down from 387 to 369 for 18 pounds lost.

Should I be worried? I keep checking my ketones (urine, blood & breath), blood sugar, blood pressure--which all seem fine. I consume 4 cups of salted broth each day and lots of water.. and 2 cups of coffee.

I don't understand this at all. Unless my metabolism is speeding up like crazy to burn all the fat that is now able to escape due to much lower insulin levels? I get a full panel blood test today so that will be helpful. It includes Thyroid panel minus free T3 and free T4.

Wonder when this is going to stop.

spanielsmum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rude people!!
Wow that's brilliant. Please share some of your meal ideas etc. I'm struggling and need inspiring.

Reactions: Prem51

Paulgrayston

Just weighed myself today and I'm 372, down from 422 lb on May 9th. 50 pounds lost in 3 months!

Also, in the past 3 months I went from an A1C of 9 to 11% (for several years) to an A1C of 5.9%, regained half the feeling back in my limbs. Blood pressure dropped from 140/80 to 110/60. Pulse down from 96 to mid 80's. Dropped all insulin (injected 120 units a day) and dropped Metformin (all it did was give me diarrhea.. no changes in blood sugar). Triglycerides down from over 300 to 167. HDL up from 44 to 49. Triglycerides/HDL ratio is now around 3 instead of 6.

Lifelong dietary change: Low Carb High Fat Ketogenic with Intermittent Fasting -- yeah I need this aggressive of a diet because of my insanely high carb intolerance, but it doesn't seem aggressive to me anymore because I quite enjoy it now, feeling liberated from food and never hungry nor have any cravings. Continuing to lose weight. How low will I get? We'll find out! :)

Fasting blood sugar 115 mg/dL (6.4 mmol/L) .. hopefully this will continue to improve as I lose 14 more stone.
let me know how you did it

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The weight fluctuation in July might be explained by the hotter more humid weather. Dehydration can lead to water retention by your cells, making you a bit heavier. When the weather got a bit fresher I suddenly seemed to lose about 3 pounds.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

amazingly done wow