Petition For Cgm Please Help!

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/151064
The link is here ^^^^^^^^^ make sure to sign please

Hi I was hopeful you could help me please read it it's important there's a petition on for type 1 diabetics where you can get the cgm (continuous glucose monitoring) through the NHS so you don't have to pay for it so people like me or parents with small children who find it hard to test you can just put your metre over their arm and it'll test for you with no pain there might be a bit of pain pitting on though
it would be so much easier for school kids as well as some kids don't like testing during school as they find it awkward with this it won't be awkward anymore
if you could please post this on your page then that would be so helpful to everyone and me! Make it go viral!

It needs 100,000 signatures to be put into debate in parliament please sign now it's at 16,814 now make it go up!!
If you made it this far thank you for reading
P.s it's the free style libre

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Have signed this - yes agree more than anything that for parents of type 1 children a CGM is a godsend, being able to go to sleep and scanning your child whilst they are asleep and not disturbing them, to ensure their BG levels are ok is a lifesaver, also for the rest of us it's peace of mind as well as a good hypo prevention tool as you can see when your BG levels are starting to plummet, would certainly save alot more from more frequent hypos, helps anxiety levels also and the list goes on..;)

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for signing and helping recognise a few of the many things that is good about the cgm

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
In A&e last night... None of paramedics, ambulanecemen, consultants or nurses had seen...
Tgey all thought fantastic and amazed and immediately saw benefits!

Pity NICE don't!! Or NHS. NICE have to be persuaded to see benefits before anything will ever get to the CCG's.

People ought to be getting hold of their MPs and passing on details to their friends and relatives to sign as well.

S

Shar67

This petition is on other threads but it doesn't seem to be connecting with people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Keep spreading the word I say, the more this message is communicated the more people will sign, have already posted on my facebook page and a friend has shared on her twitter feed, so this could now been seen by 100's more.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Now up to 17,102 signatures, that's pretty good in 1 hour and 18 minutes !

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Its been live a lot longer than 1 hr 18 mins...

Kevlar87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes
Done! Let's hope this gets the attention it deserves! :pompous:

abigailsheree

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Signed it will be such a great help to reduce anxiety and also help parents with multiple children who have diabetes the list of benefits is endless

anniehi41

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Pump
This petition is on other threads but it doesn't seem to be connecting with people
Maybe people think you have to have diabetes to sign, but I don't think this is the case. This ought to be explained.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Give it time, the petition has nearly 18k signatures already and has until the 5 January 2017 for others to sign, just keep spreading the word :)

S

Shar67

Give it time, the petition has nearly 18k signatures already and has until the 5 January 2017 for others to sign, just keep spreading the word :)

Working on average number of signatures so far, with % of adult population it might get 55k by end of year.
A lot of signatures seem to be by promotion of petition by local MPs, Scotland seems to have signed by a higher % than England and Wales. It may be the way of the prescription, Scotland get whilst England doesn't.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
If this is at the beginning of a petition, it will slow down too...

It needs to be really put up in hospitals/ etc but they won't be allowed to.

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Signed the petition and notified my local MP about having done so.

Reactions: 2 people